Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings from Dallas!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings from Dallas!

Hello folks! I just joined today, but I've been grilling for 30+ years and smoking for the last 4-5. I'm currently using a Weber Kettle and a Weber Spirit for grilling and a WSM for smoking. My wife thinks I have too many cooking devices in the backyard but I want more...

Recently, I've gotten the stick burner bug and I figured this would be a great place to learn more about the equipment and maybe pick up a few tips and tricks along the way. Looking forward to talking to y'all, learning some new stuff, and sharing a few things I've learned over the years!

Welcome to The Pit TexasMike. We're glad you're here. We have a term we use (MCS) that means More Cooker Syndrome. I call that normal around here. You're going to fit right in. See you around the pit!

Comment

TexasMike Welcome to the Pit from another guy living in Dallas.

Comment

Going to be up in that area next week. What are the decent BBQ joints there and in ft worth?

Comment

Welcome TexasMike

Comment

Welcome to the pit Mike, To many cookers Just tell her you want 1 cooker per six pair of shoes Enjoy the Wikipedia of BBQ.

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome! And MCS - I love it!

Originally posted by SlushDeezey View Post
              Going to be up in that area next week. What are the decent BBQ joints there and in ft worth?
              There is no shortage of great BBQ here, but a couple stand out as the best of the best IMHO. If you can make it to any of these, you'll be happy:

Cattleack BBQ. Hands down the most mouth-watering, homemade Texas BBQ your tastebuds have experienced! Voted top 3 BBQ spots in Texas by Texas Monthly.

Damn. Good. BBQ. Near You. FIND A LOCKHART SMOKEHOUSE NEAR YOU Dallas Plano Arlington Select the nearest location to you for menus, hours, specials, and more. Lockhart Smokehouse brings Lockhart, Texas BBQ to the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex. EVERY DAY, WE FIRE UP THE GREAT SMOKED MEAT CLASSICS THAT MADE LOCKHART THE ”BARBECUE CAPITAL OF TEXAS.”Enjoy

Pecan Lodge, Dallas’ most award-winning BBQ, is smoked in a pit and steeped in time-honored tradition.

The above are all in Dallas, unfortunately I'm not up on Ft. Worth BBQ these days.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit TexasMike. You are going to have a lot of fun with your stick burner...hardest part is deciding which one to get! I love my Lone Star Grillz offset.
                +1 on the Dallas listings above and if you're near McKinney, be sure to eat at Hutchins BBQ.
                Hiem BBQ is becoming quite famous in Fort Worth.
                Good luck and happy SmokinšŸ”„

Comment

Whoa TexasMike, welcome aboard! It is interesting that you come to us already with the affliction of MCS. It has been proven there is nothing to cure it. You can smoke all you want & grill all you want, but it is hopeless! All you can do now is sit back, take a deep breath, & enjoy the ride!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit TexasMike! We're glad to have you here with us. The stickburning bug has been biting a few folks lately. I got bit about 5 years ago myself, and about 4 1/2 years ago got my pride & joy the Yoder loaded Wichita. There sure are lots to choose from and each has their own pros and cons, but mostly pros If you need any help just holler and we'll try to answer questions if we can.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here