Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Rome, Italy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Rome, Italy

Hello everybody! I have been bbqing in the last 16 months. For some months with 2 26 OTG and snake Minion Method and water pan and I was really satisfied indeed. In last january I started bbqing with the 22 WSM and I UNDERSTOOD all the love for this smoker in the BBQ world. I was able to get some black angus briskets ( I didn' understand wich grade I got) and some Aussie angus briskets too. Really not the same price/lb You have. The same for spare ribs (no baby back ribs available at all). No boston butt and no picnic only pork shoulder is available. It's enough for me! Some equipment from ebay.com, some from Amazon.com and I was ready to start. I got spices from Penderey.com and maybe next time I'll tell you the story of some powders at the italian custom. Quite hard to get some chunks: they are heavy and shipping cost are heavier! Here in Rome I had some BBQ classes, but my dream is USA pit Master's ones! As we say in Italy "chi si accontenta.. Gode!" I did some photo reports of my cooks available on my youtube channel because I really believe that images speak much better than words. Let me say thanks to all of You for the help you will give to me and last but not least, sorry for my written english: spoken is worst! Ciao Enrico

Ciao, benvenuto Enrico! An honor to speak to an Italian, I love your culture. Your written English is great, you're a pro! We are glad to have you here, and look forward to your contributions to The Pit as you learn BBQ. We'll do our best as will the rest of The Pit community to help you along.

Pork "butts" and "picnics" are just two different sections from the pork shoulder, so you're good to go there! Bummer there's no baby back ribs, perhaps the local custom is to leave them in the roast cuts? Spare ribs are great too though, if you trim the rib tips off and make a squared-off slab, they're what Americans call the "St Louis cut", and are equally, and depending who you talk to, perhaps more popular than BBs. I'm a baby back guy though. Post some pics of your equipment and your next couple of cooks, we can alllearn from each other.

Before I go, I have to mention that when you get a minute, check out the main page by clicking the top-left tab titled "The Pit", and view Pit Boss' 'Welcome' letter and the 'Tips' letter. This will help you in filling out your signature, as well as help you in posting pics.

Again, welcome aboard and we look forward to having you share anything you can!

Comment

Enrico welcome to The Pit! Huskee has already said everything I'd have said so let me just add I'm glad you're here. Post links to some of your videos under the recipe that they are related to in the Recipes and Techniques channel. Tell us about your favorite BBQ restaurants in Rome in the BBQ Restaurant Roundup channel. Just some places where you can get started here in The Pit. I'll be there myself in a few months so I may end up going to one of your recommendations!

P.S - Where's your sig?

Comment

I get this error always when I try to write my sig. What ever I wrote I get this {"errors":[["unexpected_error","Required argument missing: signature"]]}

Comment

• mrmikemgm
          mrmikemgm commented
          Editing a comment
          I got that too on my iOS devices, then a slightly different error on Safari on my desktop. Switched browsers for that purpose to Chrome and it worked like a charm.

Enrico, Welcome you are doing great. I have no trouble understanding you. To do your sig you have to go to your name at the top right hand corner of the page and click on your name. go to "User Settings", then go to "account" just to the right of profile, scroll down to "Conversation Detail Options" and click on "Edit Posts Signatures" and enter your sig info. It will show up under your avatar just to the right of the dot that is green when you are on line and looks like a Fountain Pen Nib. Run your cursor over the Nib and it will show your sig.

Comment

Piacere di conoscerti Enrico

Comment

MrMikemgm Great tip! I'll move to windows pc! Thanks

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here