Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Hello" from a short-time smoker. Bob in Colorado

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Hello" from a short-time smoker. Bob in Colorado

Joined July 2016. I delayed converting my 22"Weber Charcoal to a smoker for about 5-years. This year, I did it! I love smoked flavors. Thus far I have had success with meatloaf, porkchops, chicken and turkey (whole), and baby back ribs. As I write this I have a couple of Boston Butts (6lb. each) on my 26" Weber Kettle.

Greetings, Bob ... and welcome to the Pit from another Coloradan!

Comment

• DrBob
      DrBob commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you. It has sure been fun in just a couple months of experimentation.

Welcome to the Pit DrBob ... When setup properly kettles are great smokers. If you don't already have one you should look into the Slow n Sear. It's an accessory that David Parrish invented about a year ago and it has made a great improvement in utilizing a kettle as a very reliable smoker. Most Pit members that use a kettle have ditched the Smokinators and other devices and switched to the SnS. Not because David Parrish is our friend, the product is just that good.

Have fun in the Pit...👍

Comment

• DrBob
      DrBob commented
      Editing a comment
      I look forward to the purchase of an SnS in the near future.

Welcome Dr. Bob. What is your specialty when you are away from the kettles?

Comment

• DrBob
      DrBob commented
      Editing a comment
      Retired clergy who likes BBQ and beer.

Welcome to the Pit. We are happy your here. What conversion did you do to your kettle? We'd love to see some pictures.

Comment

• DrBob
      DrBob commented
      Editing a comment
      I added a pitmasterIQ110 for temperature control. Works great. That way, I can almost "set it and forget it" as it does a great job holding temperature. Will soon add a SnS.

Welcome DrBob

Comment

• DrBob
      DrBob commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks.

Welcome to The Pit and welcome to The Obsession!

Comment

• DrBob
      DrBob commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh good, another tool in my OCD! lol. Thanks for the welcome.

Welcome to The Pit DrBob. Feel free to post photos of those butts cooking on your 26" kettle, or after they're done, or your previous cooks. It's great to have you here. Thank you for your support.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members. It contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

See you around The Pit!

Comment

• DrBob
      DrBob commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you. Great site for a newcomer.

Welcome to The Pit DrBob! We're glad you're here.

Comment

• DrBob
      DrBob commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you. I'm glad to be here.

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

• DrBob
      DrBob commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you.

Welcome to the pit Dr. Bob, enjoy the Wikipedia of BBQ.

Comment

• DrBob
      DrBob commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you. Enjoyed the site as soon as I joined.

Welcome aboard DrBob. I am most interested in your smoked meatloaf. How did it turn out & what did you do as recipe? Enjoy the ride!

Comment

• DrBob
      DrBob commented
      Editing a comment
      Fireman: Rather than use any internet recipe, I just did my regular recipe and,using thermometers for pit and food, let it smoke/cook @225 until meat reached 165. 2.5 hrs. Turned out great!

@Dr Bob, Welcome to The Pit! You are Now Enrolled in the BBQ Univ.! Attendance is Mandatory!
    Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

• DrBob
      DrBob commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, it is an education to be a part of this group. Thanks for the welcome.

A belated welcome to The Pit DrBob! It's nice to have you here with us.

Comment

• DrBob
      DrBob commented
      Editing a comment
      Appreciate the welcome.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20160725_130230 Boston Butt.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	198.0 KB
ID:	201091

Boston Butts. Came out really well: 12hrs@225.

Click image for larger version

Name:	13770478_642603721608_5250132221691398788_n Turkey.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	201092

16lb turkey: 2.5hrs@325.

Comment

• fuzzydaddy
      fuzzydaddy commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice butts and turkey!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here