Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbee from Warner Robins, GA!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbee from Warner Robins, GA!

Hello everyone. I've been perusing the site for several weeks and have learned a lot about the art of smoking and BBQ. I figured knowledge is worth something, so I joined today! I'm new at smoking and just recently bought an electric smoker. I've come to realize that it was probably a mistake and will be looking for a pellet smoker in the near future. In the mean time, the electric does okay and is easy to use, no muss, no fuss. Everything I've smoked so far has come out pretty good but not exceptional. Anyway, enough rambling.

John

Welcome jub jub! Glad to have you aboard. GA is about as popular a state here as NC and TX are. Great to hear you're learning from the site, that's what it's all about, that's the mission here. My good friend/bro in law just bought an electric and he shares your sentiments- he makes some good eatin' but wishes he'd have gotten (in his case) a propane smoker, something with a little more oomph. Electrics are by far the easiest to acquire and operate on a budget to skill ratio, but the hardest to turn out amazing end results. They're pretty good at doing fish like salmon.

When you get a minute, check out the main page by clicking the top-left tab titled "The Pit", and view Pit Boss' welcome letter and the Tips letter. This will help you in filling out your signature, as well as help you in posting pics.

Again, welcome aboard and we look forward to having you share anything you can!
    Last edited by Huskee; July 17, 2014, 03:04 PM. Reason: fixed a zillion typos, I type too fast for my skill

Comment

Jub Jub welcome to The Pit! Are you afiliated with the AFB at WB?

Where's your sig?

Comment

Originally posted by Pit Boss View Post
        Jub Jub welcome to The Pit! Are you afiliated with the AFB at WB?

Where's your sig?

Hi David. I retired from the AF while stationed at Robins and decided to stay. I work for a contractor that does business with the base, but our actual office is downtown.

I guess I need to work on a sig.

Thanks guys for the welcome!

Comment

Hey jub... welcome!

Comment

Originally posted by jub jub View Post

Hi David. I retired from the AF while stationed at Robins and decided to stay.
            Cool. Were you with the C-130 squadron? I flew C-130s in the Nav position.

How long you need to fill out that sig?

Comment

I was in the 5th mob, short for mobility. Shortly after I got there, we broke into squadrons. I was in the 53rd squadron. I was superintendent of our shop which consisted of refrigeration and power generation. We were always partying and trying different ways to burn/ smoke meat. It hasn't been until late, that I have figured, there must be a better way!

Comment

• boftx
                boftx commented
                Editing a comment
                Welcome!

And that "better way"? It's spelled "stick burner".

BTW, I'm pretty much a post whore, so when I get this smoking thing figured out, I'll be on TV. Lol

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here