Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Northern NJ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jasondk, Welcome to The Pit! You are Now Enrolled in the BBQ Univ.! Attendance is Mandatory!
    You might want to take the Advanced Coarses judging by Your Pics!
    Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Welcome, NE PA here! Those cooks look fantastic!

I learned how to do ribs on a gasser as well. They were my first real BBQ. As far as getting them right all the time, I had that same problem, but somewhere along the line they got real consistent. What I did was dropped a lot of the complicated stuff, like wrapping in foil and adding honey and spritzing with apple juice, and even dry brining; all I do is pull the membrane, apply the rub, and bbq @250* until they crack when lifted with tongs. For ribs I prefer the kettle with S&S over the BGE.

If you go sticks, you most likely won't have any problems. Rub + cook = ribs.

Comment

A belated welcome to The Pit jasondk! What a great intro! Now I feel like if I met you in person we'd have very little catch up on! Lol. We're happy to have you here. Stickburning is fun....at least if it sounds fun, it will be fun. It doesn't sound fun to everyone. If you ever get one and need a hand there are a few here who can help you as needed. All cookers can make magic happen with meat, when armed with Meathead's years of experience and experiments, and other accurate knowledge. Plus, add to that the good folks here in The Pit and you're good to go! We look forward to more from you.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here