Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Member - June '16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Member - June '16

After receiving an email about Meathead's new book I decided to take a look at the Amazing Ribs site. Joined that very day. While I've been BBQing for many years I'm coming to see that I have an awful lot to learn. I've got a Weber 22" kettle, a Broil King 440 gas, and a Cookshack Smokette smoker. My plan is to become as proficient with my Weber as I possibly can. Just ordered a Slow 'n Sear Plus and can't wait for it to arrive. AR is a terrific resource . . . and a lot of fun. I'm retired and no one can say there's nothing to keep me occupied.

Greetings ... and welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome bchbum12

Comment

Welcome to the Pit bchbum12 ... What beach are you bumming on? I'm in Hermosa Beach.👍

"An awful lot to learn".😆 I think most of us that discover AR later in life are humbled by the methods, techniques and myths that we learn from Meathead. Just think if you had a Thermapen available 30 years ago and knew when your steaks were rare, medium rare or ruined.😁

Comment

Hey there, Breadhead. Thanks for the welcome. Actually, I'm only on a beach in my mind. I retired from the Federal government in 2012 and still find myself in Northern VA. My plan has always been to retire to at least somewhere near the water and that plan still has life. Have to get two sons through college (almost there) and then my wife and I are off to points south.

Comment

Welcome bchbum12! We're glad you're here.

Be sure to check out our videos! This one is my personal fav.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit and welcome to The Obsession!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! You have come to the right place to reach your goal.

Comment

Welcome aboard bchbum12. We're glad you joined! All the best to you on your future cooks and let us know if you have any questions; we're here to help. Do you have any favorites to grill or smoke? See you around The Pit!

Comment

bchbum12, Welcome to The Pit! You are Now Enrolled in the BBQ Univ.! Attendance is Mandatory! I see you have met some of the Prof's!
                    Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Welcome to the pit, sounds like you have a few cooks under your belt. Please share pics, enjoy the Wikipedia of BBQ.

Comment

Howdy and welcome!

Comment

Welcome aboard! Wow, you had MCS before you knew you had it. There will be tons to learn & you will enjoy all of it.

Comment

• bchbum12
                            bchbum12 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Mcs?

• FireMan
                            FireMan commented
                            Editing a comment
                            More Cooker Syndrome! You will have to poke around to get the low down on the affliction.

Welcome to The Pit bchbum12. It's great to have you here. Thank you for your support.

Please check out our homework assignment post for new members. It contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

See you around The Pit!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit. We are happy to have you here.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here