Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Member from Michigan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Member from Michigan

Very happy to support this site, as I pretty much use it for EVERYTHING. I'm still a novice griller / chef, but I'm having a lot of fun getting the hang of everything. Oh, and I am really happy my food doesn't taste like lighter fluid any more.

Thanks for everything you do.

Sounds like you learn like I do.... The hard way.. trial and error. Much better w/ AmazingRibs.com.

Enjoy,

Royeston

Comment

Welcome Eric, fellow Michigander (I hate that word) fellow Michiganite! Where abouts are you from?

Be sure to check out Pit Boss' Welcome post as well as the Tips post as to how to create your signature, and how to post pics. They can be found at the main Pit page, by clicking the top-left tab above, titled "The Pit".

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Eric! Once you get that signature filled out why not find the "best way to start a fire" thread in the accessories channel and let us know how you broke that bad lighter fluid habit!

Comment

Another check-in from Michigan here, Port Huron in this case.

Very happy to give back to the site that has given me so much. Thank you guys for all you have done and continue to do to help myself and others to become the best cooks we can be. This is now and has been for the past few months my go to site for everything BBQ related.

Very happy to be a part of this community

-Joel

Comment

• Jmoscrip
            Jmoscrip commented
            Editing a comment
            Lucky's is the finest Steakhouse in the state bar none. My wife and I have our anniversary dinner there every year.

However the place I was referring to is down the road just a little farther it's called The Country Smokehouse. For me the brisket leaves something to be desired but the pulled pork is top notch. Next time you visit your friends do yourself a favor and see what they have to offer. Or if they're not up for it I'm always willing to make a road trip

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            Right on Jmoscrip! I'll remember it and put it on the list. Ever hear of Tobey's Concrete?

• Jmoscrip
            Jmoscrip commented
            Editing a comment
            Nope, can't say that I have. I sell soda for a living so that business isn't exactly on my radar.

Welcome to The Pit Jmoscrip (You've could have started your own thread=)). We're happy you're part of the community as well. Please take a moment to fill out your signature then dive on into to the General Discussions going on now

Comment

• David Parrish
            David Parrish commented
            Editing a comment
            Hey you Michigan guys don't need to sell yourselves short. You can have one thread each just like the rest of the world Maybe we should make an exception for Huskee though and have him merge with you guys... lol

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah, no one wants to read any more about me. I shall slip into the shadows....

• David Parrish
            David Parrish commented
            Editing a comment
            Hey now! I was teasin. Cheap beer's on me=)

Thanks guys. I'm in Royal Oak but I spend a lot of time in Midland these days, too.

Comment

Good to meet you Eric... Born in RO. In Genesee County now. WELCOME

Comment

Originally posted by ericthomas810 View Post
              Thanks guys. I'm in Royal Oak but I spend a lot of time in Midland these days, too.
              I'm a half hour west of Midland. Have you tried Bone Daddy's? A small humble place, back off the beaten path but some tasty ribs. Haven't tried his brisket or chicken.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here