Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings from Las Vegas!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings from Las Vegas!

Hello everybody!
    My name is Rick and I currently live in Las Vegas, NV. I am a total novice when it comes to smoking meat, but I consider myself a professional when it comes to eating it. I was stationed at Ft. Hood, Texas for most of my active duty career and that is where I became an absolute Texas BBQ addict!!!!!! My wife knew I wanted a good smoker and found me an older Oklahoma Joe that I believe is one of the older good ones and not from a big box store. I bought a Maverick ET-733 thermometer and am loving experimenting!!! My goal is ultimately to recreate brisket the way I used to find it in Texas. ......Step 1 on that path is creating an edible brisket. Lol. I've been creeping around Amazingribs.com for several months now and have had pretty good success with pork butt, thanks to the TTPs found here. I'm happy to finally be a member and am looking forward to talking with everybody and learning all I can!
    Ricky Bobby

Rickey Bobby welcome and you've got a friendly neighbor near you. boftx

Glad to have ya!!

Comment

Greetings, Rick ... and welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome RickyBobby

Comment

Welcome to The Pit RickyBobby. We're glad you joined and hope to see you around often.

Comment

Welcome! I'm in North Las Vegas.

Comment

Welcome to fun in the Pit!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit RickyBobby! Nice to have you here, great intro. Meathead's Texas Brisket article is your key to recreating your Texas brisket memories. That and oak wood IMO, since you're using a stickburner.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome to the pit, first let me thank you for your service to our country. Sounds like you have some good equipment. Enjoy the Wikipedia of BBQ.

Comment

Rick - welcome to The Pit and welcome to The Obsession! Thanks for your service; it's greatly appreciated.

Comment

Welcome aboard RickyBobby. Sounds like you jes might be a NASCAR fan, & I know a Packer fan. I'm just a little bit south of the frozen tundra. Enjoy the ride of PIT country.

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome everybody!
                        boftx, glad to hear I've got local guy to ask specific questions to. I work at the North Las Vegas airport every now and again. I live down in Hender-tucky.
                        Huskee, I have indeed started my homework! I tried to set up my sig from my iPad, but ran into what appears to be a common glitch. I will add it from my computer tomorrow. I look forward to checking out Meathead's brisket recipe and trying my hand!
                        FireMan, I am indeed a HUGE Cheesehead! I am a bit of a NASCAR fan, but the "RickyBobby" moniker is actually my call sign from Iraq. We don't have actual call signs for individuals in the Army like they do in the Navy/Marine Corps/Air Force, it's more of an 'if you get a nickname and it sticks that's what we call you' type of thing. I was an Apache Longbow pilot and while deployed, almost everyone called me Ricky Bobby. It stuck and honestly, when people are trying to get my attention, I usually respond quicker to that than my actual name.

Comment

• boftx
                          boftx commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Thank you for your service! I'm ex-Navy, USS Ranger - CVA 61 ('71 - '73). I live behind the NLV airport close to Valley and Cheyenne.

For those not familiar with TTP its tactics, techniques, and procedures perhaps one more to add to the abbreviation / acronym list!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here