Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from North of the border!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from North of the border!

Hello from North of the Border in Castlegar, BC. I've been grilling for years on my gasser and more times then not I didn't make cardboard so last year decided to step it up a notch and bring on a new challenge. After talking to a friend that has a busy catering company, he pointed me to a Basic Weber Kettle to start my charcoal journey with. So off I headed to my local Weber Dealer and when I saw the Master Touch beside a Basic Kettle, the Master Touch won my heart. I brought it home and right away started searching for how to make ribs.

Tried the Last Meal ribs and everyone that was over for my first shot at using charcoal couldn't get enough of them. I was hooked. I've learnt a lot of what to do and what NOT to do with charcoal, but I am still in my infancy with this. When my old instant (well not so instant) digital thermometer died, I ordered a new Thermapen and grabbed Meathead's book at the same time. Now I'm really looking forward to having a day off that we stay at home so I can try out something I have learnt from the book. I can't wait to read through this forum and pick up tricks and hopefully start adding mine in the future.

Greetings ... and welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome NorthOfTheBorder

Comment

Welcome to fun in the Pit!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit and welcome to The Obsession!

Comment

Welcome aboard NorthOfTheBorder. We're glad you're here! You made great equipment choices and good job on your signature. Many of use here with a Weber Kettle also have a Slow 'N Sear. Looking forward to seeing you around The Pit.

Comment

Great to have ya!!

Comment

fuzzydaddy Thanks, the slow n sear is my next piece to get for my grill. I was just checking them out. Unfortunately using the link from this site it will not ship up here. Do you know a way I can still get this site credit when I purchase it.
                Also I see that they have the Slow N Sear plus is it worth the extra $ ?

Comment

NorthOfTheBorder, David Parrish will be able to help you with your questions. I have the standard Slow 'N Sear and if I were buying now I would get the plus as the bottom plate keeps small burning pieces (briquetes or lump) from falling thru the grate and when you clean up after a cook the unburned pieces stay in the Slow 'N Sear when you pick it up.

Comment

Yup, like Dr. Breadhead would say, one toke of that BBQ smoke & you're hooked. You have MCS. Welcome aboard! Enjoy the ride.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit NorthOfTheBorder! Nice intro, and we're glad to have you here. Yeah, I'd say the SnS is a very worthy item for you. As FD mentioned the Plus prevents smaller coals from falling through, helps keep coals there if you want or need to move the SnS, and also helps if you have leftover coals from a previous cook that you want to put somewhere to save for later (you can pick it up and they stay in it). Have you tried using AmazingRibs' Amazon link and then search for the Slow 'N Sear and add it to your cart? That should work for you and still give AR the credit.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Originally posted by A Allen View Post
                        fuzzydaddy Thanks, the slow n sear is my next piece to get for my grill. I was just checking them out. Unfortunately using the link from this site it will not ship up here. Do you know a way I can still get this site credit when I purchase it.
                        Also I see that they have the Slow N Sear plus is it worth the extra $ ?

Welcome to The Pit NorthOfTheBorder! We're glad you're here. You can use this link to buy the SnS+ and give AmazingRibs credit. Thanks!

ttp://slownsear.com/?abc_ref=4

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here