Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello From Northern Michigan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello From Northern Michigan

Hello all. I love the science here. I hope to learn plenty. I have a BGE and looking at a LSG vert offset stickburner next year

Welcome to the Pit BenzieBBQ ... I'm an Egghead too. There are many Kamado owners in the Pit. There's recently been lots of very detailed discussions about Kamado cooking. The intent being getting best practices, methods and techniques in written form for new Kamado owners to use so as to speed through the normally complicated learning curve.

We hope you join in on those discussions and learn or contribute in ways that you can.

I leave stick burners to the young guys and insomniac's.πŸ˜†. I love watching what they produce on those awesome cookers but my days of staying up all night to feed a cooker has faded into the sunset.😎

Comment

Thanks Breadhead- Is there a regional listing of some sort so that folks geographically close to each other might become aware of that fact and allow some small local gatherings? Just curious.

Comment

Greetings Bengie and welcome to the Pit! In answer to your question, there is currently no way to produce a regional listing of Pit members. There has been some discussion about the idea here: https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...nts-to-the-pit
        I think it starts around the 12th post in the thread.

Comment

• Breadhead
          Breadhead commented
          Editing a comment
          +1^ on what Mike said...πŸ‘

Welcome BenzieBBQ

Comment

When you say Northern Mich does that mean a Yuper? Does'nt matter, it's all beautiful country. Love up nort. Welcome aboard, enjoy the ride.

Comment

Benzie County is in the northwest Lower Peninsula. On Lake Michigan, Sleeping Bear Dunes area. Nice constant breeze for BBQ!

Mbmorgan- thanks for that link

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! I have a BGE,too. What do you like to cook on it?

Comment

LA- Mostly chicken, though I do brisket and pork. I like the Egg more for quicker grilling than long smoking. I like that I can reverse sear for some chix crisp before pulling

Comment

• LA Pork Butt
                  LA Pork Butt commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Interesting. I've enjoyed my egg more for setting and forgetting a Boston Butt or Brisket overnight, pulling them off in the morning and putting them in a faux cambro until serving at noon.

BenzieBBQ Welcome to the pit, i'm from Bay City Michigan currently at Ludington fishing for salmon this weekend with a brisket on the kettle as I write, Love the side of the state. You will enjoy the pit, Smoke outπŸ˜€

Comment

BenzieBBQ ... I like to bake bread on my BGE.πŸ˜†
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Danjohnston949
                    Danjohnston949 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Breadhead, There have been Hangings for less than Posting Your Bread Pics in front of Hungry Men!
                    πŸ‘πŸ˜‡πŸ‘. From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

• Breadhead
                    Breadhead commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Dan the Man... I just can't help it! I love showing off my bread photos.πŸ˜† It took me a long time to figure out how to make really pretty loaves of bread.πŸ™ˆ

• Mickeylou5
                    Mickeylou5 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Love me some bread! Those are some very nice looking loaves!

Breadhead how do you like that little side coal holder?

Comment

• Breadhead
                    Breadhead commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That little side coal burner is the greatest accessory ever created for the Weber kettle, ever. It's a reverse searing hall of fame product. Plus it turns a Kettle into a legitimate smoker.

You need to pull the trigger on that now!

Welcome to The Pit BenzieBBQ! Glad to have you aboard. My wife is from Southgate, near Detroit and her parents also had a place in West Branch.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit and welcome to The Obsession!

We're discussing kamados over in the Kamado subsection. We'd love to have your input and expertise in that discussion. Stop on by and join in.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit BenzieBBQ! Another MI native here. I was going to ask if you're from Benzonia or similar.....beautiful area of the state. Way prettier than my area which is mostly flat land, woods & farm fields. Anyway, it's nice to have you here, we all love the science right along with you!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here