Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Milwaukee!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Milwaukee!

Greetings to all! I am new to this forum and just wanted to say thanks for all the tips, recipes and equipment reviews. Lots of great info to be had on this site.
    I consider myself a foodie and for the 3 years have been doing more and more barbecuing. Over the 4th of July weekend I competed in my first BBQ competition. I won 3rd for my pulled pork. Not bad, I must say.
    I have a smokenator 1000 and just purchased a Masterbuilt 30" electric smoker. (Thanks Amazon Prime Day). I haven't used the smoker...it arrives in 3 days.
    Thanks again for all the great info! Looking forward to learning a lot from you all!

Greetings ... and welcome aboard!

Comment

Welcome Robd71 , from a fellow SE Wi bbq'er. Did you do the Grill'n in Grafton competition?

Comment

• Robd71
        Robd71 commented
        Editing a comment
        No it was a small competition to benefit a park in Wauwatosa. It's called Q and Brew. They are doing it again in 2017.

Welcome to the Pit Robd71 ... ๐Ÿ‘

Comment

Welcome Robd71

Comment

Welcome aboard! Milwaukee or one of the burbs? Speaking of foodies, a while back I picked up a book titled The Founding Foodies, wondering if you read it. Enjoy the ride!

Comment

• Robd71
            Robd71 commented
            Editing a comment
            Wauwatosa to be exact. Milwaukee is just easier for people to pronounce
            I will check out that book. Thanks

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Robd71. Placing 3rd...excellent and congratulations! Got any photos of that pulled pork you would post?

Comment

another WI smoker, excellent!

i have the gas version of your masterbuilt. my first suggestion would be to buy some grill weatherstripping for around the doors (if yours are as leaky as mine)

Comment

• Robd71
                Robd71 commented
                Editing a comment
                Is that just normal weather stripping or is there actually a "grill" kind

• DeusDingo
                DeusDingo commented
                Editing a comment
                there is actually a grill kind

Welcome from another Milwaukee area BBQer

Comment

Welcome to The Pit and welcome to The Obsession!

Congrats on the call for pulled pork!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Robd71! It's nice to have you here with us, thanks for joining up. Congrats on the 3rd place win!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome to the pit, enjoy the Wikipedia of BBQ.

Comment

Robd71, Welcome to The Pit! You are Now Enrolled in the BBQ Univ.! Attendance is Mandatory!
                      ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘There are a Lot of You Cheeseheads Here!๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
                      Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

• Robd71
                        Robd71 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I may live in WI, but I am no cheesehead. Go Bears!

Welcome. Congrat's on 3rd place...awesome!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here