Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings from Norway!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings from Norway!

Hi!
    I'm a 39 year old man from Oslo, Norway. I've just moved out of my old appartment out to the country side where I bought my first smoker

I've been a foodie for years, but never got into bbq before this year. Food is a big passion of mine and I've been cooking since I was 17 years old. Believe it or not, but I was vegetarian at that age and was sick and tired og being served pasta in tomato sauce. Decided I needed to learn how to cook myself. Since then I've been making my own meals. I don't see myself as an expert by far in any parts of the culinary world. I haven't even been taking a course. But I've read many books, studied nutrition and watched a ton of youtube vids.

When I bought the house me and my woman are living in, I wanted to buy a new grill. For me, like for many Norwegians, grilling and bbq is putting some hotdogs and burgers over coal with high heat. But I really wanted some more flavor into the meat, so some reason I just googled wood fired grill. That opened up another world for me. I found a store that sold Traegers and I bought one. Fell in love with bbq that very day. Been using it almost exclusively since then. Love to play around with different kinds of meat, different woods and different temps. I must say the T has been a great introductory grill for me. I've now started to look at a ceramic cooker, the Primo oval XL. Think I'll buy it next year

Anyhow, great to have found this place and I look forward to take the journey towards even greater Q with you all!

All the best!
    Magnus

Welcome bbqMagus! Nice choice on the Traeger! See you around The Pit.

Comment

Greetings, Magnus ... velkommen til Pit!
      Last edited by MBMorgan; July 21, 2016, 09:57 AM.

Comment

Magnus - welcome to The Pit and welcome to The Obsession! I spent a bit of time in your country in Stavanger. Nice town!

Comment

• MBMorgan
          MBMorgan commented
          Editing a comment
          Hey, Ken - When were you in Stavanger? We lived there for a few years in the late 90's when I was with Schlumberger.

Welcome aboard!

Comment

Welcome bbqMagus

Comment

Welcome to fun in the Pit!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit bbqMagus! Nice to have you here, and such a good intro! I am very jealous of you Nordic folk and your phenomenal English! I wish I could speak/type another language so well. I am still trying to get English down.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome to the pit Magnus. There are many of us pellet heads here. Enjoy the Wikipedia of BBQ.

Comment

The Traeger is a good place to start, that is what I started with when I got into smoking and I have been pleased with the results then I graduated to a log smoker about 8 months ago when I got my Lang.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit bbqMagus ... 👍

There are many Kamado owners on this website. If and when you make the move to Ceramic cooking you will find lots of information to shorten your learning curve here in the Pit.

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome! I've already taken the plunge into the deep end and find a lot of excellent information Can't wait to fire up the Traeger and put my new knowledge to practice

Comment

bbqMagus, Weicome to The Pit! Magnus, You are Noe Enrolled in the BBQ Univ.! My Wife, Eunice is 1/2 Norwegian and 1/2 Danish a volatile combo for sure! She has many relatives in both Norway and Denmark!
                        Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND USA, Dan

Comment

• Danjohnston949
                          Danjohnston949 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          bbqMagus, Eunice's relatives came from South of Lillehammer and East of Oslo! Todate she has never been
                          able to make the Trip I hope to change that someday! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

• bbqMagus
                          bbqMagus commented
                          Editing a comment
                          If you make the trip you're more than welcome to visit. We live just outside of Oslo

Welcome! New member here, too. I lust for a Primo Oval XL! Just curious about what they cost in USD in Norway.

Comment

• bbqMagus
                          bbqMagus commented
                          Editing a comment
                          For just the xl without anything its abodt 1.600usd

Welcome bbqMagus! We're glad you're here.

Comment

• bbqMagus
                          bbqMagus commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Thanks for the welcome

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here