Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Tucson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Tucson

New (trial) member here. I stumbled onto amazingribs.com with a google search for Smoking. Amazing site. Having a relatively new electric smoker I decided to try some of the recipes here. I made the Last Meal Ribs first and watched in amazement as my wife (who says she doesn't like smoked) devoured them. We then found a piece of brisket flat at a good price and decided to try it next. I immediately came here to see what Meathead had to say about brisket. Lord knows what would happened if I hadn't. Two words -- "the stall". I had never heard of it although I had probably experienced it. The guy who introduced me to low and slow roasting had never mentioned it, but I did notice I could never figure out when things would be cooked. Armed with the knowledge that the stall would happen and what I could do about it my first attempt at a brisket was moderately sucessful. These experiences convinced me to buy Meathead's book while I was trying to decide whether to join the Pitmaster Club. It arrived today with a 90 free trial for the club so here I am.

Welcome to The Pit Tucson Bill! Were glad you're here, thanks for joining up. The stall can perplex people if they don't know to expect it, you'd definitely think something is going disastrously wrong! We hope you'll stick around after the 90 days are up!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome Tucson Bill

Comment

Welcome to the Pit, Bill! Here's hoping you decide to stick around ...

Comment

I'll warn you now just allocate the money, for this site! The people in the pit are great people and very helpful they have upped my BBQ quotient tremendously. Another poster today asked for some help with a company cook out and Man oh Man did the pit crew come thorough giving the guy all kinds of info that will be paramount to him pulling off that cook! There are no Dumb questions (Believe me I've asked a lot of them) what every you ask they will try their best to help you out!! Welcome I'll bet you stay!!

Comment

• boftx
            boftx commented
            Editing a comment
            GadjetGriller is correct, there are no dumb questions (only the ones he asks).

Welcome! You'll spend the money. What you save on ruined cooks will more that pay for it.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit Tucson Bill ...👍

You've got the smoked meat itch. You bought a smoker. You're trying out the Pit... I can pretty much guarantee you will be here still... in 91 days.👌

Pit members will overwhelm your with knowledge that you can't get on the public side of AmazingRibs.com. Plus were nice guys to chat with.😎

I've spent a lot of time in Tucson selling Sam Levitz millions of dollars of upholstered furniture over the years. Sam and I became close friends. I'm retired now but I always enjoyed going to Tucson. It's a great place to play golf too.👍
            Last edited by Breadhead; July 13, 2016, 01:30 AM.

Comment

Welcome aboard Tucson Bill. We're glad you're here!

Comment

Welcom to the Pit! There is a lot of great info here that can keep you from learning everything the hard way - trial and error.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit and welcome to The Obsession,

Comment

Welcome aboard mr. Bill. 90 day trial eh? Until you are afflicted with More Cooker Syndrome. Spare the coin & join. You will NOT regret it.

Comment

• Breadhead
                      Breadhead commented
                      Editing a comment
                      LOL... He just bought a smoker.😎 It appears he's already in stage 1. His next step will be gadgets, lots of gadgets.😆 Within a year it will be a KBQ or a Kamado probably. You know the drill.

Tucson Bill, Welcome to The Pit! You are Now Enrolled in the BBQ Univ.! Attendance is Mandatory! @boftox Gave it To You Straight, Buy the Membership! I learn something Everytime I Log On!
                    Eat Well And Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Thanks to all for the warm welcome and encouragement. You're probably right about my outcome here -- given how much I spend on stuff I don't even really want the price of membership here is pretty cheap. 90 days should give me plenty of time to decide if I really fit here. I only post in a few forums. All special interest, and all well moderated. I long ago realized there's no point to an unmoderated forum. Al

Comment

Howdy from Tejas!

Comment

Originally posted by Tucson Bill View Post
                          Thanks to all for the warm welcome and encouragement. You're probably right about my outcome here -- given how much I spend on stuff I don't even really want the price of membership here is pretty cheap. 90 days should give me plenty of time to decide if I really fit here. I only post in a few forums. All special interest, and all well moderated. I long ago realized there's no point to an unmoderated forum. Al
                          I think you will find the Pit a very cordial place to interact with ALL of the members. Mainly because we talk about outdoor cooking. We DON't Talk about politics, religion or any topic that can be seen as offensive in a family atmosphere. Everyone knows that and respects those guidelines. It is rare for the moderators to need to get involved in heated discussions.

But David Parrish is an ex-Military guy and he can bust your chops if he feels the need to protect the Pit.👌
                          Last edited by Breadhead; July 13, 2016, 06:10 PM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here