Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi Everyone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Everyone

Hey Everyone, really excited to join the community. I live in the bay area and have been grilling for ~5 years on a weber genesis, got an electric smoker (Smokin it #2) 3 years ago which really opened my eyes to smoking & longer cooks. Last summer I got a 22" weber kettle, and now that is what I use 90% of the time. I make a lot of ribs, wings, whole chickens and pulled pork. I have tried brisket a few times in the electric smoker, but it has always ended up dry and a bit tough, I would LOVE to master briskets. I just got the SnS a couple weeks ago, and cant wait to try a brisket on the kettle with it.

Look forward to chatting with you all and peppering you with questions!

Greetings and welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! There is some good information on this site and in the Pit on brisket. If you can't find what you need ask a question.

Comment

Welcome. This is the place to learn how to make a soft and moist brisket.

Comment

Welcome Matachi

Comment

Welcome to the pit! Before long your briskets will be wonderful with all you will learn. Have fun and remember to post about your cooks and ask questions!

Comment

Welcome to the addiction!
              Last edited by Stevo; July 13, 2016, 11:41 AM.

Comment

Welcome aboard Matachi! We're glad you're here and hope to see some photos of your cooks. As others have said, this is THE PLACE to learn, have fun, ask questions, get help, give help, and it's a wonderful community. Also the food we produce is pretty amazing.

Comment

Matachi, Welcome to The Pit! You are Now Enrolled in the BBQ Univ! Attendance is Mandatory! Get a S 'n S accessory for your Weber you will be able to Smoke Meats with the Guys and Gals that write the books! Check out the Accessories for Webers on the Home Page of AmazingRibs.Com or Log in to ABCBBQ.COM (Adrenaline Barbecue Company. Com) Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan
                  Last edited by Danjohnston949; July 13, 2016, 06:49 AM.

Comment

@Matchi - welcome to The Pit and welcome to The Obsession!

Comment

Welcome aboard Matachi! We all have to kill something dead before we join AR. Enjoy the ride.

Comment

Welcome to the pit Matachi, nothing beats a great brisket. Enjoy the Wikipedia of BBQ.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Matachi! It'[s nice to have you here, thanks for joining up with us. You will love the kettle & SnS as a brisket cooker. Just make sure to start with a good brisket. Choice at least. And regardless of how high of grade you get, the flat will likely be a tad dry, at least compared to the point.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here