Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey, from central Kentucky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, from central Kentucky

Hey, I hope everybody's doing well. To say i'm a rookie at bbq is an understatement. I've turned out some good meat and some that was just not edible. Since using this sight i'm on a roll though. haha I had to join because I felt like I was stealing since I was getting so much and not giving anything in return. I first started using this sight last November when I smoked my first Thanksgiving turkey. I followed the recipe to a T and knocked it outta the park. I don't have a lot of experience so I won't be giving advice or weighing in on opinion type topics for the first few years on here. However I do look forward to using ya'lls opinions and advice! haha I'm glad to be here and look forward to the experience.

Welcome aboard Paco, you're not a "rookie" so much as you are in the "pre-pro stage"! (Everyone starts there)
    We're glad to have you here, and thanks for the support.

However we can be of assistance, just ask, there are many members here with lots of experience. You will love it here.

Paco, make your next stop at Pit Boss' Welcome & Announcements channel, and be sure to check out the tips post in that channel. These will help you set up your signature, as well as learn the best way to post some nice big pics here. We love bragging pictures, of equipment and food! Enjoy!

Comment

welcome from sunny Ca. my wife works for a co that has a plant in Somerset Kentucky and I have a mason jar that was filled in Kentucky that I am saving for a special occasion

Comment

Welcome neighbor, what part of the Bluegrass state are you from? I'm just north of Bowling Green in a little place called Smiths Grove.

Comment

Welcome, grew up listening to the Kentucky Headhunters!!!

Never had a slaw burger though

Comment

• DWCowles
            DWCowles commented
            Editing a comment
            Dumas Walker owned a little joint on Tn/Ky line that was famous for the Slaw Burger. Don't know who Miss Walker was.

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            Cool story DWC. Miss Walker was a joke back in the early 90s when the song was famous. Sing the song, you'll get it if you don't already....

• DWCowles
            DWCowles commented
            Editing a comment
            LOL...I get it Aaron

Welcome Paco, you will be contributing before you know it! I haven't done a turkey yet but will be this Thanksgiving so any advice a newbie can give another newbie is always appreciated!

Comment

Hey there DW. I'm over in Richmond. Thanks for the welcome!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here