Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Howdy from Fresno CA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Howdy from Fresno CA

Well, it was this or that Ferrari. Yeah, I know, been makin' bad decisions my whole life. However, at least this one just might get me fed. Lookin' forward to setting fire to something other than my beard!

Welcome to the pit, this ride might not be as fun as that Ferrari but buckle up and hold on you are in for the BBQ ride of your life. Enjoy the Wikipedia of BBQ!

Comment

• OldBugger
      OldBugger commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks jharner, I appreciate the welcome!

Greetings and welcome to the Pit! FWIW, I keep mine trimmed a bit shorter than yours to meet the BBQ fire code here in Colorado.
    Last edited by MBMorgan; July 6, 2016, 11:08 PM.

Comment

• OldBugger
      OldBugger commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Mbmorgan! Yeah, I'm pretty much non-compliant anywhere, for most anything, always.

From one OldBugger to another... Welcome to the Pit. Your yearly subscription on AR is only a down payment for an oil filter for the Ferrari my friend.

What are you cooking on?

Comment

• OldBugger
      OldBugger commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the welcome Breadhead! I'm cookin' on a Weber Q (had for about 10? years. Since I illegally used at my apartment), last two years on a Weber Summit E-670, and now have a Smokey Mountain 22" that I've yet to set fire to.

Welcome to The Pit and welcome to The Obsession!

Comment

• OldBugger
      OldBugger commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks CeramicChef!

Welcome from a Corn Field in Indiana

Comment

• OldBugger
      OldBugger commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Nate! Damn that must be convenient! Nothin' much better than some grilled corn, butter, salt and cold beer (not withstanding some dead animals).

• Nate
      Nate commented
      Editing a comment
      OldBugger , I agree however most the fields around me are not sweet corn.... but there is some dang good sweet corn around and I'm only a few minutes from the best melons in the country! Glad to have you here with us.

OldBugger Welcome to the Pit! What do you cook on and what do you like to cook?

Comment

• OldBugger
      OldBugger commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks LA Pork Butt! I currently have a Weber Q, Weber Summit E-670, and now have a Smokey Mountain 22". I'm still a rookie really, doin' hot dogs, burgers, chicken and steaks. I've planked a few salmon too.

• LA Pork Butt
      LA Pork Butt commented
      Editing a comment
      OldBugger give a Boston Butt a try on you smoker. It is the most forgiving piece of meat for low and slow. It could take 12-14 hours at 225 to an internal temp of 200.

• OldBugger
      OldBugger commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the tip! I'd hate to mess up a brisket first time out of the shoot. I was thinkin' of stealin' a chicken from my neighbor (she drinks), but I guess a Boston Butt ain't too much for me to afford (especially considering chicken thievin' bail money).

Welcome to The Pit OldBugger! We're glad to have you here, I can tell right now you'll fit in VERY well! What are you cooking on?

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

• OldBugger
      OldBugger commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Huskee! Readin' some of your stuff is partly to blame for me joinin' up here (that might be useful to me later) . I currently have a Weber Q, Weber Summit E-670, and now have a Smokey Mountain 22".

Welcome OldBugger

Comment

• OldBugger
      OldBugger commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks a bunch DWCowles! Not to be disrespectful to a charter member (key dramatic music), but you're kinda talkative ain't ya? Try to keep it down a bit, I only got so much time. JK

Welcome aboard! See you around The Pit!

Comment

• OldBugger
      OldBugger commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks fuzzydaddy! I ain't gonna rib YOU none, you could kick me out of here!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here