Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings from Sacramento, CA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings from Sacramento, CA

I've been reading the articles for a few months and decided it was time to join this awesome site. I have a Pit Barrel Cooker and a Weber Kettle. I started getting into barbecue beyond recreational grilling several years ago. I'm from Brooklyn and you can't get real New York pastrami in Sacramento, so I decided to learn how to make it myself. I also like to make pulled pork, ribs, and brisket. Recently, I've been making bacon and have also tried my hand at pancetta, salami, and other dry-cured meats (only in the winter when it's cold enough in my basement). I'm looking forward to learning from all of you and, if I ever become knowledgeable enough, helping other people make great barbecue.

Welcome eipi10

Comment

Nice set up, actually a great set up since I have those pits as well.

Welcome and please share pics of that stuff you whippin' up!!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit eipi10. It's great to have you here. Thank you for your support.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members. It contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

See you around The Pit!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit and welcome to The Obsession!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome aboard!

Comment

Welcome to the pit, enjoy the Wikipedia of BBQ.

Comment

Welcome from Indiana

Comment

Welcome to The Pit eipi10! Thanks for joining up with us! I want to pass along a good bit of safety info for you, since you mentioned you enjoy curing meats. Food for thought: The Science of Curing Meats Safely

Comment

• eipi10
                      eipi10 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thanks Huskee!

Welcome and greetings. I am also from Sacramento. I look forward to seeing some of your cooks. M

Comment

Welcome aboard. I am that rare creature, a native of Sacramento. I was born at Sutter Memorial way back when, grew up in Rocklin (which we would never have considered to be associated with Sacramento when I was a kid). Left when I joined the Army, eventually ended up near Seattle.

Looking forward to hearing and seeing more about your cooks. And your meat curing. I've considered doing that myself. Seems like a lot of fun.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here