Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Happy 4th from the Low Country!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy 4th from the Low Country!

Hey all I've been a member for a little over a month and finally decided to introduce myself. Loving the benefits of being a member and everything barbecue. Look forward to many years of sharing and learning.

Welcome!

(And remember, no pics, no cook.)

Comment

Welcome to The Pit and welcome to The Obsession!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit. Please do share some Low Country recipes when you have some time.

Comment

Welcome HazardousSmoker

Comment

Welcome to fun in the Pit!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit HazardousSmoker. We're glad you joined!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members. It contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

See you around The Pit!

Comment

Thanks everyone and I will see about a few Low Country recipes when I get the chance (Although I'm not originally from the area so not sure how much of an expert I can be on that).

Fuzzydaddy thanks for the link I will be sure to check it out and add Amazingribs.com to you email safe list.

Comment

OK let me add on a little bio since I neglected to do so previously.

I'm originally a Mid Western guy from Ohio transplanted to the Charleston, South Carolina area after leaving the Military.

I've been cooking for a long time and grilling off and on for a long time but never seriously as I never had the proper equipment and or proper instructions until I took the plunge, bough an electric smoker & a Weber Performer Deluxe 2 years ago. I recently joined AmazingRibs and it has changed my cooking tremendously in a short time period but I still have a long ways to go.

Recently I bought a Slow 'N' Sear and barbecued a Pork Butt & more recently a full Packer Brisket. I've never cooked a Brisket in my life until a few weeks ago and although it turned out pretty good it could be better. As the saying goes "Perfect practice makes perfect"

I have a desire to master the Brisket, Ground and make my own Burgers, & perfectly grill steaks.

I look forward to learning from and working with all the Pit Masters here.

Tim

Comment

• boftx
                    boftx commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Welcome!

You're well on your way to achieving those goals.

Last successful Brisket cook. I cut the Packer in half because I wasn't sure if it would fit on the 22" Weber in one solid piece.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Looks like a right perfect set up to me. Welcome to the pit HazardousSmoker!

Comment

Originally posted by ribeyeguy View Post
                      Looks like a right perfect set up to me. Welcome to the pit HazardousSmoker!
                      Thanks ribeyeguy. I still need a good thermometer for reading grill temps but I am working on that.

Comment

Welcome to the pit, enjoy the Wikipedia of BBQ. As I have learned from this site, good thermometer's are a must. Also on your next brisket cook consider separating the point and flat, it is really not hard to do.

Comment

HazardousSmoker, Welcome to The Pit! You are Now Enrolled in the BBQ Univ.! Attendance is Mandatory!
                          Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Welcome to The Pit HazardousSmoker! Thanks for joining up with us. Nice setup there! I've fit a 14lb packer on my 22" w/ SnS with an inch or two to spare on each side. Of course the 26" is a better brisket machine, so you may need to add another cooker, ha ha! (If there's a significant other involved in purchase decisions, then I never told you this!)

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here