Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings and Salutations!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings and Salutations!

As I say in my Bio, I've been lurking here for years and finally wanted to join. I've gotten enough from this site and want to try to give back.

I just wanted to say "Hi" to everyone and let y'all know I'm all up for learning!

Happy 4th from Dallas, TX!
    Last edited by Pebcak; July 4, 2016, 12:35 PM.

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome Pebcak

Comment

Pebcak - Welcome to The Pit and welcome to The Obsession,

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Dallas to Dallas! So, what do you like to cook and what do you cook it on?

Comment

Thanks everyone! I just put on a couple racks on the Traeger and will be doing roasted corn, asparagus and baked potatoes on the Chargriller today!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Pebcak. It's great to have you here. Thank you for your support. Great job on your signature. You have some nice equipment!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members. It contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

See you around The Pit!

Comment

Originally posted by LA Pork Butt View Post
                Welcome to the Pit from Dallas to Dallas! So, what do you like to cook and what do you cook it on?

I've been told I do good Pulled Pork. So far I've stuck with Pork, Chicken and Beef for meats. There have been times that I'll do some grilled veggies as well. During hurricanes and Ice Storms I've done all types of breakfast too!

Just got the Traeger for Father's Day and am starting out learning the +'s and -'s of using it. I love the fact it's the portable one so I can take it to Rodeo's and run it off of a power inverter. Comes in handy because I'd rather make my own food than pay $8 for a small greasy Pulled Pork sandwich.

Every bit of the Chargriller has been used and abused over the years. Making it through the above mentioned natural occurrences.

The Masterbilt was given to me for Christmas about 4 years ago and I've done countless ribs, Pork Roast, Pork Shoulder and I even did a couple turkeys!

I'd like to try some seafood, smoked salts, cook with a salt block and maybe even do some of the baking with the Traeger they advertise. Time will tell.

Comment

I had a Char-GrIller duo which I enjoyed very much- particularly the gasser. Now I cook on a Big Green Egg.

Comment

Originally posted by LA Pork Butt View Post
                    I had a Char-GrIller duo which I enjoyed very much- particularly the gasser. Now I cook on a Big Green Egg.

I thought about a Green Egg myself but I like that I can be mobile with the Traeger.

There have been a couple I cooked on at other friends houses and there hasn't been a bad steak I've done on them yet.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Pebcak! Thanks for your support, we're glad you no longer just lurking!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here