Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New in Michigan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New in Michigan

- Nathan Maziar
    - Originally from Atlanta, living in Michigan (Go Blue!)
    - Started about a year ago with my roommates. We were at the store, saw some ribs, said "hey, this would be cool," completely messed it up (thought it would take an hour or so), stumbled upon this site, and the rest is history. Now every Sunday we draw a crowd. For memorial day we pulled an all-nighter and hit the trifecta with brisket, pulled pork, and ribs. Might have had a beer or two as well. Now football season has started, we have the RedZone channel (other than this site, it may be the best thing out there), and we invite friends over for "RedZone and Ribs." Best part of the week.
    - Use a Smokey Mountain, love it. And just came across the GoGalley Eagle 100, and I may have to blow my next paycheck on that thing to steal the show at tailgates. Damn.
    - Obviously all the meat on here is incredible, but I seriously almost cried after taking my first bite of the Crack'n'Cheese

Looking forward to being a part of the Pitmaster Club. I learn something new every time I come to this site.
    Last edited by OneCharmingPig; September 19, 2014, 11:21 AM.

Glad you're here, I kept having to tend coals and didn't get to watch much football, so I installed an arm outside and slapped on a 60" and now everybody goes outside. Trying to finish up a fire pit before it gets too cold.
    Never heard of a GoGalley, pretty sweet looking setup.

Comment

OneCharmingPig, welcome to the site and now the PIT. I am a fellow Michigan BBQ enthusiast. You will definitely enjoy it here.

Careful with the "GO BLUE" we have several Buckeyes lurking about!!!! Now that you are here in Michigan you have to be a Lions fan. Go Lions!!! You got your Georgia boy as QB. Just don't be disappointed down the stretch.

Lions.....
      Pre-Season...Undefeated
      1st game...Blow out win
      2nd game...Blow out lost
      3rd game...close win to keep us coming back
      4th game...not again
      By the last game we are thinking of next years pre-season and tell people that we are in a building phase.

Comment

Hey OCP! Welcome, glad to see another Michigander in the house!

Comment

Welcome OneCharmingPig! As Jon says, glad to see another Michigander, or Michiganite as I say. How are you liking this early fall?

When you get a minute, check out Pit Boss' Welcome & Announcements channel, as well as the tips posts in that channel. These will help you learn your way around The Pit, as well as set up your signature. There's also a post that explains the best way to post nice big pics here... we like to see bragging pictures of equipment and your cooks. We look forward to hearing more from you! Enjoy!

Comment

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            Go ahead fellow Michiganite!

• Mal Passado
            Mal Passado commented
            Editing a comment
            That's why I said, "fellow Michigan BBQ enthusiast" didn't want to rock the boat on the Michiganite or Michigander. A Michiganite must be someone form the middle of the state a Michigander from the south and the Yoopers in the UP. Who new!!!

Early Fall? I thought it was a late spring!!!

• OneCharmingPig
            OneCharmingPig commented
            Editing a comment
            Michiganian?

I thought it would just be easier to Google it....

Michigander
          and Michiganian are demonyms for residents of the U.S. state of Michigan. Less common alternatives include Michiganer, Michiganite, Michiganese, andMichigine.[1][2] There is no "official" term.[3] While previous governors Jennifer Granholm, John Engler, and Jim Blanchard used Michiganian, current governor Rick Snyder usesMichigander.[4] A 2011 poll indicated 58% of Michigan residents preferred Michigander, compared to 12% for Michiganian, with 12% having no preference, and 11% not liking either term.[5] Residents of the Upper Peninsula typically refer to themselves as Yoopers instead.

Comment

Hello. I'm new to the Pit. The site is great and I'm learning a ton. I think I need to pay back with a membership. So I've joined..just about 5 minutes ago. lol. This weekend I'm smoking the brisket for the Close to Katz' Pastrami. It's been fun making so far. I did do the corning myself with the recipe from here as well. Keep your fingers crossed!

Comment

Oh and I'm from Michigan too.

Comment

• Jon Solberg
                Jon Solberg commented
                Editing a comment
                ALRIGHT! Glad to see the MI group growing! Welcome MC!

• David Parrish
                David Parrish commented
                Editing a comment
                Welcome! The pastrami recipe may be the best recipe on this site. You're in for some good eats!

• Huskee
                Huskee commented
                Editing a comment
                mclifford, take a visit to the Introduce Yourself page and give us a little bio! And Welcome fellow Michignaian/Michigander/Michiganite. Go Great Lakes State!

Wow, you folks from Michigan are really growing. Glad to see the participation.

MClifford we will expect a full report with pics please!

Comment

Let's just see where all you Michiganians go when the snow comes :-)

Comment

Originally posted by The Burn View Post
                  Let's just see where all you Michiganians go when the snow comes :-)

Dude we stay right here. ; )

I cant wait for the water to freeze! hehehehehe

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here