Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from OKC!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from OKC!

New to the group. Long-time Weber guy, both gas and kettle. Currently using built-in 36" Bull gas grill in my outdoor kitchen, and a Ghar-Grill Acorn Kamado. I am new to the world of smoking, but looking forward to learning a lot!

​I have tried chicken thighs and pork tenderloin on the Acorn so far. Both great, except for rubbery chicken skin.

Last night tried first pork butt with the Acorn and IQ 120. Worked great! 225 all night and finished up at 250 the last 2 hours. About 14 hours in all. Oh, Wow! I have never had fresh-off-the-Q pulled pork before. I think I am in love!

Next project probably a brisket next weekend, then maybe on to ribs.

Welcome!!

Hard to beat pulled pork.

If you can dry brine that brisket 2-3 days it will take it up a notch.

Comment

Welcome sburner

Comment

Welcome aboard!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit sburner. It's great to have you here. Thank you for your support.

Congrats on your cooks so far. It sounds like you nailed the pulled pork! Crispy chicken skin can be elusive - a couple of tips: Dry skin is critical and don’t use anything that contains water, and cook it hot at 350 or maybe up to 390.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members. It contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

See you around The Pit!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

welcome from Indiana

Comment

- Welcome to The Pit and welcome to The Obsession! I'm a kamado cooker myself and have been for quite a while.

We're having a kamado discussion, kind of talking about best practices and swapping ideas over in the kamado section of The Pit.

ThePit=>Grills and Smokers=>Charcoal=>Kamados

Stop on by and join us. Lots of really good kamado cookers over there sharing some really good info. I think you'd like it and we'd love to get your input.

Oh, nice to see another Okie here. I'm out in far NW OKC.

Comment

Welcome to the pit, your smoking world is all uphill from here. Enjoy the Wikipedia of BBQ.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit sburner! Thanks for joining up with us. Congrats on the successful pork butt cook. Yep, once you nail it and taste that delicious goodness how it's supposed to taste, it's love!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here