Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello From Sweden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello From Sweden

I have been wandering around this site for two years now...guess it's time to say hello! I am a transplanted Okie, living here in Sweden for 14 years (so far). Just a "refugee of love." Have a Weber Kettle I got for my 50th birthday. With that gift I started taking BBQ & Grilling serious (as in learning how to do it right). I also have what I have now learned is a (COS) from Landman here in Sweden. I know it is a COS because I bought it before I found this site and the first article I read was how to calibrate your offset smoker where it is explained what a COS is....it fit me & mine to a tee. This is the best site I have seen. Will keep reading and learning...Great to be here. Keep cooking and writing, I'll keep reading and learning. Someday, I might come up with my own idea :-)

Welcome to The Pit BDKSWE. We're glad you're here! Weber Kettles are great cookers. See you around!

Comment

Greetings ... and welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome BDKSWE ! Where about in Sweden are you located? I live in Stockholm now (but was born and raised in Skåne). Good to have more Swedish representation in this forum

Comment

• BDKSWE
          BDKSWE commented
          Editing a comment
          Currently in Karlstad. Most likely will be here for a long time. We did live about 6 years in Sigtuna before.

• Henrik
          Henrik commented
          Editing a comment
          Cool, my wife is from Sigtuna as it happens.

Welcome BDKSWE

Comment

welcome! i was really hoping your name was going to be SwedishChef

Comment

BDKSWE, Welcome to The Pit! You are Now Enrolled in the BBQ Univ.! Attendance is Mandatory! I too Use Weber 221/2" Kettles(2) and I have a Brinkman COS that is Modified SomeWhat?
            Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit! Welcome to The Obsession!

Comment

Welcome aboard! We're glad you're here!

Comment

Welcome BDKSWE!
                    What types of smoking woods are readily available in Sweden?
                    Thanks

Comment

• BDKSWE
                      BDKSWE commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Currently I use Weber wood chips. Most every store carries those. Landmann also makes a variety. Apple, Mesquite and Hickory are the most common I have found.

Welcome to the pit, enjoy the Wikipedia of BBQ.

Comment

A belated welcome to The Pit BDKSWE! It's great to have you here with us.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here