Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newcomer from Austin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newcomer from Austin

Hi,

I'm from Austin Texas and get to enjoy the best BBQ in the world here. I haven't been to Franklin's but have been just about everywhere else in Texas, save West Texas. I'm going to take a day off maybe next week to do a Franklin's eat, I'll post pictures.

My top five BBQ joints are all in Central Texas except for one.

1. Kreuz
    2. Freedman's
    3. Micklethwait
    4. Tie between Pecan Lodge (Dallas) and Stiles Switch (Austin)
    5. Bert's BBQ

I currently own a Lynx 42", Texas Smokemaster offset withvertical chamber, Weber Kettle (precedeing three at the family farm. At home I run a Hasty Bake Legacy, Weber Genesis E-310, a small Bolivian made open air grill and soon to be owner of a Pitt's and Spitt's 18x30 Pellet Grill, I'm very pumped for this unit to arrive.

I'm a former owner of a Grand Hall/Cafe gas smoker, a WSM 22".

Welcome RanchoStarvo

Comment

Welcome to The Pitmand welcome to The Obsession!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! You certainly know good BBQ in central Texas

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Welcome aboard RanchoStarvo! We're glad you joined. Looking forward to your photos. See you around The Pit!

Comment

Hey Rancho Starvo....I feel kind of out of place welcoming you since I just joined yesterday but I am a fellow Austinite and felt it was the neighborly thing to do. I'll look for your smoke signals over the Austin skyline.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit...but the BEST BBQ on the planet is West of the Mississippi...because currently I AM west of the Mississippi...but THAT could change...lol

Comment

Welcome. I look forward to your contributions. Also, it's not grilling, but . . .

If you can sneak in some pictures of Threadgill's chicken fried steak now and then, at least one of us would be appreciative.

Comment

RanchoStarvo, Welcome to The Pit! You are Now Eenrolled in the BBQ Univ.! Attendance is Mandatory!
                      Eat Well and Prosper! From A Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Welcome to the pit, enjoy the Wikipedia of BBQ.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit RanchoStarvo! It's nice to have you here. You sound like quite the pitmaster with that array of cookers.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here