Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joined today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joined today

Hi all! I'm a long time lurker, and finally joined The Pit today. I've used a handful of Meathead's recipes on my gas grill, and in the kitchen, but tomorrow my new PBC will arrive, just in time for my birthday. Meathead's book is due next week, as well. I'm eager to learn all I can and looking forward to cruising the forums

Welcome (Girl on Grill)

Comment

... and welcome to the Pit! You're gonna love the PBC!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit (Girl on Grill)! Nice to have you here, thanks for joining up and popping in to say hello! Congrats on the new PBC too, you'll have to share some bragging pics of that shiny beauty and your first cook on it.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Thanks so much for the hellos and info Sorry, I forgot to say that my name is Mona

Comment

Welcome from Indiana.

Comment

@Girl on Gril I have kettles but many here have a PBC and they rock. Seems like you ordered well. I wish you good luck and great cooks!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit (Girl on Grill) , Mona. I'm greatful you joined the Pit. Because we need more women here!!! Some of our finest Pit members are women. CandySueQ , fzxdoc and Karon Adams all are MAJOR contributors to the Pit. They all have different skill sets but in many ways they outshine most of the guys.

I would HIGHLY recommend that you cozy up with fzxdoc before using your new PBC. She seems to be the Queen Bee of that particular cooker, and has probably forgot more about using that cooker than most people will learn in their first year of trying to tame the PBC.👍

Again... Welcome aboard!
                Last edited by Breadhead; June 23, 2016, 06:27 PM.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit, my sister. There are many good, good folks here that can help you with most anything "Q." I think you will enjoy your PBC. I don't own one currently, but that will change this fall(I hope!). Good luck, and, good cooking from all of us here, in Houston, Alaska.

Comment

Welcome aboard (Girl on Grill)! A new PBC and Meathead's book are great birthday gifts, and happy birthday Mona! We're glad you're here and ask any questions you may have. We're always glad to help.

Comment

Welcome to the wisdom of the Pit!

Comment

Mona, welcome to The Pit and welcome to The Obsession! Nice to have the distaff half represented. I'm looking forward to your posts! Again, welcome!

Comment

Welcome! Good Luck with the PBC!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit. We are happy to have you here.

Comment

Welcome! I love my PBC, and this site has really chopped years off of my learning curve.

Make sure you subscribe to the PBC sub-forum, there is a large community that can quickly help with any cook you are trying out or issues you are having. Also, a couple must-read before you commit to cooking the main course for a birthday party (*cough* ) are the lighting instructions sticky and the cook times sticky. Those coupled with Noah's videos will have you drooling and sending everyone out to buy a PBC in no time.

Again, welcome to the pit, and don't hesitate to ask questions. I've never seen anyone post anything but helpful and positive replies, huge credit to the pit community and the moderators.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes
                              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here