Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Long Island, NY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Long Island, NY

Former NYC cook/chef who left the kitchen slavery to work for a Fortune 500 Company in sales. I got the bug for barbeque after tasting some very inferior (compared to mine, at least) bbq here in NY. I love the history of cuisine, and seeing as bbq is the only true 'American' food, it drew me to it. I've been 2 years out of the professional kitchen, so I've been cooking bbq for family and friends since. I'm looking to start a small catering company in the future where I can combine the techniques I've learned in the kitchen with traditional bbq. I'm currently cooking on a 22.5 Smokey Mountain and a 22.5 Mastertouch.

The last 2 years I've stayed very traditional with the types of bbq I make, but as I'm getting confidence and techniques mastered, I'll start adding my spin to things.

Looking forward to learing all I can from the community here!

Paul

Welcome to The Pit and welcome to The Obsession!

Comment

Pobeque welcome sir. I love food history. I love BBQ. I'm new too. The people here rock! And they know and love BBQ (many are funny too but don't tell'em that) I have never found a more humble, unpretentious and knowledgeable group of people. BBQ and the Pit are just awesome. I look forward to some of your good recipes.
      Last edited by HouseHomey; June 22, 2016, 04:38 AM. Reason: Spelling

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Pobeque. It's great to have you here! See you around The Pit!

Comment

Welcome Pobeque

Comment

Pobeque Welcome to the Pit. We are happy to have you!

Comment

Greetings, Paul ... and welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome to some fun in the Pit!

Comment

Welcome to the pit Paul, sounds like you have some things to teach us also. Enjoy the Wikipedia of BBQ!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Pobeque! It's very nice to have you here, I/we look forward to learning from your experience.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Pobeque, Welcome to The Pit! You are Now Enrolled in the BBQ Univ.! Attendance is Mandatory! You might want the Advanced Class?
                      Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here