Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Phoenix, AZ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Phoenix, AZ

My name is Lou and I'm originally from the Philadelphia area and moved here to Phoenix about 8 years ago. Got my first smoker about 3 years ago...an electric one from QVC for my birthday. My wife knew I loved to grill and was interested in smoking so she got me that. That is when I discovered Amazing Ribs....learned how to make great ribs here and a perfect Thanksgiving Turkey. As I got more into smoking...I realized that the electric smoker wasn't going to do the trick anymore and I got a Traeger Lil Tex Elite. Talked to a sales rep at Home Depot and bought it. Cooked on that thing about 3 times a week or more....and today....today I took it up another notch...I bought myself a MAK 2 Star General. Don't have it yet....I pick that baby up on Friday and I CAN'T WAIT!! Love the pit....glad to be here with other bbq phanatics!!

Howdy, Lou ... welcome aboard!

Comment

teppista - welcome to The Pit and welcome to The Obsession!

Comment

Thanks....I love to cook, try new things and definitely love to BBQ!!

Comment

Welcome, Lou! I spent some time in Phoenix a while back. I love the place. I hope you have lots of shade, with all that record-busting heat you guys have going on right now! Stay cool my new friend!

Comment

Yeah...I almost don't need to fire up the smoker to do some cooking with the temps here right now lol

Comment

Welcome to The Pit teppista! It's great to have you here with us. Thank you for your support. WOW! A MAK2! Congrats on that one, we can't wait to see bragging pictures of it and your first smoke on it. Great job on your sig too!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome to the pit Lou. Enjoy your new toy.

Comment

Another Phoenician, welcome.

Comment

• teppista
                    teppista commented
                    Editing a comment
                    The perfect place to bbq lol

Welcome teppista

Comment

Welcome aboard teppista! Congrats on the new MAK 2 Star General. Oh, the anticipation of a new piece of equipment. Looking forward to seeing you around The Pit!

Comment

Welcome to fun in the Pit!

Comment

teppista, Lou, Welcome to The Pit! You are Now Enrolled in the BBQ Univ! Attendance is Mandatory! You have met some of the Prof's Above!
                        Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Thanks everyone..I'm really excited to be part of the forum! The MAK did not arrive Friday..sooo..obviously I'm disappointed but once I get it..I'll post some pics of whatever I decide to smoke!

Comment

teppista ... Welcome to the Pit. I used to live in Tempe and then Scottsdale. Now I'm in Cali.

I read your post. You a the typical AR member. When you joined you had 1 cooker and a couple of gadgets. As you browsed around the Pit and saw what everyone else was cooking on you got a case of MCS and started acquiring more cookers and gadgets. Be careful my friend... Before you know it you will be expanding your deck or patio, buying a storage shed to store your gadgets and remolding your kitchen to accommodate all the extra spices you acquire. There's no cure for this affliction but it can be carefully managed.🙈 Many of us have it but some of us manage it better than others. One AR MCS patient has 15 cookers and a 900 square foot storage shed. Others try and keep it down to just 8 cookers though. I'll check back with you in a year and see what your cooker count has grown to.😆

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here