Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Howdy from Raleigh, NC!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Howdy from Raleigh, NC!

I grew up in Eastern North Carolina and guys in my family have always been grilling and smoking. My grandfather taught me a bunch about grilling. He always managed to grill the best burgers and wings I've ever eaten. I always had crappy grills during and after college that were always about to rust apart. As such, my grilling was hit or miss. Then, 6 years ago my wife bought me a Weber Genesis E-330 and "How To Grill" by Steven Raichlen. After that my grilling skills stepped up and now I'm confident to do everything from burgers to the Thanksgiving turkey and the New Year's rib roast on the grill!

A few years ago, I bought a Brinkmann Gourmet Electric Smoker. All my charcoal buddies laughed at me and said there's no way they'd ever eat off of that "thing". However, after a few failures and finally successes with pork, I've been told by a lot of folks that mine is some of the best they've ever eaten. My wife told me "now that you've mastered pork, I want Texas-style beef brisket, like I had in Austin!" LOL. So I started searching for information on brisket and that's when I found AmazingRibs.com.

For Father's Day 2016, my wife bought me a Masterbuilt Pro Dual Fuel Smoker. So, now I'll be learning how to use the new smoker, reading as much wisdoms as I can from Meathead and all of you and hoping I can contribute back any of my beginner knowledge that I can!

Cheers!

Ian

* Below are some of my best:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0379.JPG
Views:	122
Size:	241.4 KB
ID:	183568 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0770.JPG
Views:	132
Size:	157.6 KB
ID:	183565 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2355.JPG
Views:	135
Size:	145.3 KB
ID:	183564 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1626.JPG
Views:	128
Size:	162.6 KB
ID:	183566 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0055.JPG
Views:	137
Size:	149.9 KB
ID:	183567

Welcome to the Pit! Your cooks look great.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit wwian! Nice pictures, and nice to have you here. As long as you get your new grill calibrated to cook with a hot fire yet keep your temps between 210 and 250, you'll be in fine shape to turn out the best brisket your wife's ever had! As you've probably read in Meathead's brisket article though, brisket lives by the saying "garbage in, garbage out"... so, make sure to start with the best quality brisket you can afford/find. We look forward to more fine food pics from you.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome wwian

Comment

Welcome to The Pit wwian! Congrats on your new Masterbuilt. Nice photos! Let us know if you have any questions. We're here to help. See you around The Pit!

Comment

Welcome neighbor wwian from down HWY 1 in Vass.

Comment

Welcome to The Obsession!

Comment

Greetings, Ian ... and welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! I love North Carolina! Lived there for six years.

Comment

Welcome to the pit, that is some good looking grub there. Enjoy the Wikipedia of BBQ.

Comment

wwian, Ian, Welcome to The Pit! You are Now Enrolled in the BBQ Univ.! Attendance is Mandatory!
                      πŸ‘πŸ‘ The Pics of Your BBQ Look Grrrreeeeeaaaaaa88888888!!!πŸ‘πŸ‘
                      Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here