Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smokin' in Chicago

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smokin' in Chicago

Hey everyone! Hello!
    I went to Meathead's presentation at the Chicago LitFest last Saturday. He destroyed, & busted, many grilling myths that, up until then, I had believed as 'truth'. Hey, Weber wrote the gospel...right?
    I'm a firm believer in practical science and Goldwyn's methods seem to be very well supported.
    Anyway, as my wife and I were leaving after the event, I was reaching for my wallet to buy his book. My lovely wife grabbed me by the arm and told me that she had already wrapped one up for me on Fathers' Day! I opened it early.
    Ribs this Sunday...not beer can chicken!

Welcome Drummer Mike

Comment

Drummer Mike - welcome to The Pit and welcome to The Obsession! Your wife knows and loves you so well. Congrats on the early Father's Day gift!

Comment

Drummer Mike HEY!!!!! Welcome to the Pit. We are happy to have you. That seminar must have been a great time. And tell your wife that she's a very smart women. (but I'm sure you do that all the time)

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! You are going to have some fun here.
          Last edited by LA Pork Butt; June 15, 2016, 03:02 AM.

Comment

Welcome from another Chicagoan. Excited to see what you turn out with your new tools.

Comment

Welcome to the pit Mike, it looks like you are off to a great start to enjoy the Wikipedia of BBQ.

Comment

Welcome aboard, Mike!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Drummer Mike. Wow, two great things in one day...going to Meathead's presentation and getting his book! Congrats and enjoy your ribs! It's great to have you here and thank you for your support.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members. It contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

See you around The Pit!

Comment

Welcome Sir!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Drummer Mike! It's great to have you here, and nice to see another musician to boot! Congrats on the seminar you got to attend, Meathead has worked wonders for the BBQ & grilling world. Thanks for your support here.

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

That's a keeper of a wife! (hey you may have already seen or heard of Alton Brown but if not go over to "Cooking Channel" (No The lol) and look for Good Eats he teaches lots of food science. Made me want to get into cooking cause all of a sudden stuff made sense!!)

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here