Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Vancouver BC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Vancouver BC

Hi Everyone,

I actually subscribed a few months ago but haven't had the time to check out the forums. I have used so much information from this site that I felt obligated to contribute financially

I've only really started getting serious about smoking and grilling the last couple years. Before that I was always a big BBQer but now its at a whole new level.

My favourite grill is the Weber 26" kettle with a smokenator. I also have a small Weber Q200 for camping trips and if i'm feeling really lazy and need to grill something up quick for dinner.

I also just bought a Traeger pellet smoker and did my first beef brisket a few weeks ago. I'll post a full description on how that went in another thread.

I have smoked pork, chicken, beef, fish, veggies, anything I can get my hands on

Excited to participate in the community here and hope to be pretty active. I love food, have also ran some food booths at the 2010 winter olympics in vancouver and various festivals. Never barbecue yet, this is just a hobby that i'm trying to perfect. I work for a software company so food is more of a hobby and a passion then a job.

Greetings ... and welcome to the Pit! Finally ...

Comment

Hello from Calgary!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!! We are happy to have you here. I would love to get up to BC someday. I heard its beautiful!! Mp3gus

Comment

• Mp3gus
          Mp3gus commented
          Editing a comment
          yeah, the summers here are amazing. But its tough to bbq year round hahaha even though I put very good effort into trying

I have slowly started converting my group of friends into bbq enthusiasts

Comment

Mp3gus welcome! Yes, you will be hooked too if not already. How do you like the new Traeger?

Comment

HouseHomey My first cook was a cheaper cut of back ribs, it dried up and didn't turn out so well. but I did a brisket after that which was amazing.

Learning the characteristics of it right now but am very happy so far. Its nice to have a smoker where I don't have to worry about watching the temp and refilling fuel. It doesn't have quite the same smokiness as the Weber Kettle though. I find pellet smoke doesn't penetrate as well as wood chunks right on charcoal.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Mp3gus. It's great to have you here. Thank you for your support. Congrats on the brisket and we look forward to your post on that and including some photos would be great!

Please check out our homework assignment post for new members. It contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

See you around The Pit!

Comment

Welcome Mp3gus

Comment

Welcome to The Pit - the best BBQ site on the planet!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! With your equipment you are set to cook.

Comment

Welcome to the pit, I know how you feel. I just thought I was a good outdoor cook until I found AR, it will step up anybody's game. Enjoy the Wikipedia of BBQ.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Mp3gus! Nice you have you here, thanks for stopping in to say hi. Let us know if you need help getting your signature set up Look forward to more from you.

Comment

Mp3gus, Welcome to The Pit! You are Now Enrolled in the BBQ Univ.! Attendance is Mandatory!
                          Eat Well and Prosper, From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here