Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Member from Long Island, NY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Member from Long Island, NY

I'm looking for a new grill and a google search led me here. After looking over the site I liked what I saw. So much so, I joined the site. My only grilling experience is the usual burgers, dogs, steak and an occasional piece of fish. I'd like to try smoking meats and fish. I'm kind of limited on budget and would like to stick with a gas grill. Apolgies to the pros. I'll be looking over the reviews with great interest. Thanks for assembling this fountain of knowledge.
    I'd like to thank Pit Boss for his service from a member of Patriot Guard Riders.

Welcome to The Pit RoadRage! Glad to have you here. If you'd like to grill and smoke, have you considered a 22" Weber charcoal kettle? With the Slow 'N Sear accessory, you can smoke ribs briskets, pork butts, chicken, etc, and yet still do high heat grilling for steaks and such all on one device, for about ~$250 total. If you're opposed to charcoal then this wouldn't be for you but in case you're willing to go that route I think you'd be quite happy with the versatility.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome RoadRage

Comment

Welcome aboard RoadRage. Let us know if you have any questions and what you decide on. See you around The Pit.

Comment

RoadRage - welcome to The Pit and welcome to The Obsession!

Comment

@RoadRade Welcome to the Pit! I think you will be happier with charcoal if you want to smoke plus it will cost less. A 22" Weber and a SlowNSear will set you back $100-180. You won't get much of a gas grill for that price. If you can go $230 You will be happier,with the 22" Weber with the ash emptying cup.
            Last edited by LA Pork Butt; June 13, 2016, 05:12 AM.

Comment

Welcome to the club!

Comment

RoadRage, Welcome to The Pit! You are Now Enrolled in the BBQ Univ.! Attendance is Mandatory! Thanks for Your Service!
                Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Welcome to the pit. I am sure that with the reviews that you find here you will be able to make a choice that will fit both your budget and needs. Enjoy the Wikipedia of BBQ.

Comment

Thanks for all the replies. You've given me something to think about. I'm considering the Weber and possibly a smaller less expensive gas grill for quick hd's and burgers. The Slow 'N Sear Huskee mentioned peeked my interest in charcoal. Looks like quite a device.
                    Last edited by RoadRage; June 14, 2016, 05:08 PM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here