Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Chicagoland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Chicagoland

Hello All,

I have been reading articles on Amazing Ribs for the last 3 or 4 year. I finally took the plunge and joined. I love all the information and science shared on the site. Also everyone here appears very helpful and down to earth, unlike so many others forums on the net. I’m from a western suburb of Chicago.

I have been grilling on and off since my teens, a long time. About 10 years ago I began taking grilling more seriously. I saw Steven Raichlen on TV which fueled the fire and I began trying to smoke on a 22” Weber. At some point I ran across amazing ribs and purchased a Smokenator and a first generation PartyQ, probably while I was searching the net for ideas on building a smoker. Not to long after I ended up meeting my now wife. Long story short my smoking hobby took a back seat for a several years. Anyhow as #23 said – I’m back!

My wife is from Mexico and it has opened a whole new culinary avenue for me. One of the great things is seeing the food fusion going on, pulled pork tacos just as an example. I need to knock off the rust and further develop my skills. For years I have thought about competing in a BBQ competition. After some research it seems within reach (Never new about the "backyard" type divisions). It just sounds fun to me.

Thoughts and prayers go out to all affect by the tragic event in Orlando.

Hey what part of Mexico is your wife from? I know people from Oaxaca and Saltillo and Guanajuato.

Welcome to The Pit!!!

Comment

• Huskee
      Huskee commented
      Editing a comment
      Nacho was from Oaxaca I believe...

Welcome to The Pit Black99vette! Nice to have you here, great intro! We're all very proud of the atmosphere we maintain here in The Pit, as you say down to earth and a very helpful & relaxing place to hang out. We're glad you're here with us, and thanks for your support.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Jerod Broussard the wife is from Mexico City

Comment

My Spanish is awful so ... Welkommen til Pit!

Comment

MBMorgan mine too! Gracias!

Comment

• MBMorgan
            MBMorgan commented
            Editing a comment
            De nada!

Welcome Black99vette

Comment

Welcome to the Pit Black99vette ...👍

The great part of the Pit is we talk BBQ, grilling, methods, techniques, times, recipes... Etc. We really, really try to not delve into much else. We like jokes though.😆

Depending on your screen name we don't know if you're male, female, white, black, brown, or yellow or what country you live in. We don't know where you're from, unless we click on your name an see your profile. You can expose as much as you want, or hide it.

As long as you're nice and contribute to our guest of BBQing/grilling great food, you're a valued Pit member and so is your wife.

Now let's talk carnitas. Ask your lovely wife to get us the perfect carnitas recipe. I know there's some lard involved in that recipe.
            Last edited by Breadhead; June 12, 2016, 08:38 PM.

Comment

• Black99vette
              Black99vette commented
              Editing a comment
              Funny thing is her family likes the carnitas I make! I used the American Test Kitchen recipe, which isn't a true carnitas. I'm search for tacos al pastor recipe that is to die for.

• Breadhead
              Breadhead commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm a big fan of both.😋 Post your recipes sometime so we can all try them.👍

• Black99vette
              Black99vette commented
              Editing a comment
              Not sure if this would go in the recipe topic section or not (since it isn't BBQ)? Carnitas: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sx6svS1oxDE

Welcome aboard Black99vette!

Comment

Welcome from Albany Park in Chicago.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit and welcome to The Obsession!

Comment

Black99vette WELCOME my friend. I have found that all the "Pit People" are extremely well versed in BBQ/grilling. Whatever question/concern you may have there is some one willing to help you with it, so ask away....I joined last month and love it here. Some of them are actually funny too. 😀 There are all kinds of backgrounds and experiences here. Pit people rock!!

Comment

Welcome to fun in the Pit!

Comment

Welcome from the Northwest suburbs of Illinois! Love the MJ reference.

Comment

Black99vette, Welcome to The Pit! You are Now Enrolled in th BBQ Univ.! Attendance is Mandatory!
                      BTW I had a Gray 70 Conv. Vette!
                      Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here