Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Seattle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome to the pit. I use the Maverick 735 along with the temp probe on my Camp Chef DLX to monitor temps while cooking. When getting close I pull out the MK4 to double ck temp and also ck for tenderness. I have learned this the hard way - listen to the experts here- especially brisket I don't care if that temp says 204 IF THAT PROBE DOES NOT GO THROUGH LIKE BUTTER it aint done! Enjoy the Wikipedia of BBQ.

Comment

Welcome from a fellow Seattleite! There are a few of us on here, Seattle ain't no Alabama but anecdotally it seems that BBQ is catching on around here more and more. I'm sure trying to spread the word about the pit, easily one of the best values out there.

I'm not familiar with the MTC thermometer, sorry I can't help there. I got a Maverick 732 and that thing is great, radio signal so I can sit inside and check on the temps in comfort. Wires for the probes are pretty short though, you may consider buying the 6 ft probes separately. I recently got the MK4, very nice, maybe a bit overkill for a newbie like me but hopefully will provide years of good service.

If I had $250 in your position knowing what I know now, I would get a Mav 732, longer probes, thermopop, and a Slow 'n' Sear for the kettle. Or wait until a sale on the MK4 like I did, still will be $70 or so but better than full price.

As far as Amazon, my understanding is that the tinyurl link takes you to the grills section of Amazon, but once there you can search for anything and as long as you put something in your cart and buy it during that session, a portion goes to AR. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong about that.

Once again welcome, you'll love it here!

Comment

Thank you PBCDad !!!! I hope she never sees this, because I'd never intentionally hurt her feelings, but my wife got me the Meathead kit for Father's Day and I had already ordered the Maverick and a Thermopop! Not that I don't love having super nice equipment, just thought it was overkill for my skill level. Here's hoping I grow into it!! Have a feeling I'll wind up with a Thermapen the next time I'm blowing out candles!!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here