Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smokin from MN intro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rmunsta24
    replied
    just thought id throw up a recent picture of the smoker on its third cook in action. with 1 brisket, 2 pork butts and 9 racks of baby back ribs going on it. brisket is at the wrap point and I used kraft virgin paper. I can say I like wrapping with paper well over tin foil wrapping. good thing too, I got 900 feet of it lol.

Leave a comment:

• Spinaker
    commented on 's reply
    Cool man, I'm just west of the cites. Good to have you here. rmunsta24

• Danjohnston949
    commented on 's reply
    rmunsta24, That's the thing about having a Garage you never have Everthing! I do have a 220V Stick Welder and Gas Torch. I moved a 24'x28' Garage in, Rewired it Front to Back, W/[email protected] for the Old Welder, Insul, Salvage Knotty Pine on the Int. A/C & Furnace, Needs New Shingles @ Air C? Dan

• rmunsta24
    replied
    Spinaker I'm on the north side of the cities, Fridley area.
    Last edited by rmunsta24; June 19, 2016, 08:30 AM.

Leave a comment:

• rmunsta24
    replied
    Danjohnston949, well the welding on this one was bit more challenging since it was a 110 welder and my first with that type. Along with my garage not being properly wired to handle it. which is what extended the amount of time it took to build it. if I had had a plasma and a 220 welder I would have saved about 25% of the time. but I'm borrowing it from a friend...I just now owe him lots of BBQ lol.
    and glad to have made admission into the university! although not a welder by trade, I have been a machinist in the machining trade for 18 years now. So, not sure if that qualifies me for anything but that's what I am.

Leave a comment:

• James L
    replied
    That looks amazing

Leave a comment:

• Spinaker
    replied
    Welcome to the Pit!! Always good to have more Minnesotans in here!! Where a bouts are you from? rmunsta24

Leave a comment:

• DWCowles
    replied
    Welcome rmunsta24

Leave a comment:

• Danjohnston949
    replied
    rmunsta24, Welcome to The Pit! You are Now Enrolled in the BBQ Univ! Attendance is Mandatory! I don't believe you need any more Metal Fab or Welding Classes as judged by the Pics of Your Smoker!
    👍👍👍👍👍
    Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargp ND, Dan

Leave a comment:

• rmunsta24
    replied
    Thanks guys for all the comments. I don't have any pics of the brisket as it didn't get done until 11 pm at night and I went to bed very quickly after that. but I will be doing much more smoking in the future and will add those pics.

Leave a comment:

• fuzzydaddy
    replied
    Welcome to The Pit! That is a beautiful and well built smoker. If you would, post some pictures of the brisket when you get a chance. See you around The Pit.

Leave a comment:

• LA Pork Butt
    replied
    Welcome to the Pit! Keep us posted as you progress.

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    replied
    Welcome to The Pit rmunsta24! NICE RIG! I'm impressed, I hope you have many many years of happy and tasty memories with that! Thanks for joining up here with us and for sharing your pictures.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Leave a comment:

• MBMorgan
    replied
    Nice work... and welcome aboard!

Leave a comment:

• CeramicChef
    replied
    That's a beautiful rig. Welcome to The Pit and welcome to The Obsession!

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
Rubs Promo
Meat-Up in Memphis