Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sort of new

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sort of new

Hello everyone from the Great State of Texas. My name is Jeff and I love my pits. My war room includes the XL Egg with table, the Mini Egg, and an offset firebox stick burner. If any of y'all are going to be in the Dallas area cooking please let me know where, I would love to meet you. By the way, if I am slow to respond my apologies in advance.

bigtexpitmaster Welcome to the Pit! We are happy to have you here. What kind of offset do you run?

Comment

Welcome bigtexpitmaster

Comment

I have an All Safe Feeders (ASF) pit out of San Antonio. I can fit probably 4 briskets and maybe 6-8 shoulders on it to give you some idea of its size. Not huge but good for my little back yard.
        The Egg is fool proof while the offset can be tricky. The last brisket I cooked turned into jerky, not on purpose I might add. I'm too old to try to stay up all night by myself stoking the fire.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! and no apologies needed around here ...

Comment

bigtexpitmaster - Howdy Jeff! Welcome to The Pit and welcome to The Obsession!

So you're and Egghead, huh? GREAT! We're having a little discussion in the Kamado Sub-Forum found under Charcoal in The Grills & Smokers section. We're basically talking kamado best practices and we'd love to have your input. Please check it out.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit bigtexpitmaster ! Happy to have you aboard.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit bigtexpitmaster! Nice to have you and your experience here, thanks for your support. I've been liking the looks of those All Seasons Feeders smokers, nice stuff. Which one do you have?

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome aboard bigtexpitmaster. Great equipment lineup! See you around The Pit.

Comment

bigtexpitmaster I live in Dallas. There is going to be a BGE demo at Elliot's Hardware on Inwood between 10am and 2pm this Saturday. I am uncertain whether I can make it since I am cooking for some guys at a halfway house this Saturday.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here