Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Boerne, TX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Boerne, TX

Hi All, from Dave in Boerne (pronounced Bernie) TX which is just north of San Antonio. Mailing address is Boerne but I'm actually closer to Leon Springs which is the home of the original Rudy's BBQ and the original Romano's Macaroni Grill.

Started cooking in the early 80's working in restaurants while I was in high school. I haven'y gotten paid to cook since but I've always had a grill and/or a smoker. Over the last 25 years we've lived in places where knowing how to BBQ was a necessity: Kingsland, GA (just above Jax, FL), Memphis, Charlotte and now Texas, so I've gotten exposed to a lot of different styles, techniques, sauces, etc. Texas is about brisket whereas everywhere else I've lived it's about the butt. I'm good with all of it.

I don't currently have a smoker, I'm trying to make do with a 42" DCS NG grill and pellet tubes and baskets. My next smoker will be a ceramic egg of some sort.

This is a great site. I really appreciate all the work that goes into it.

Dave

Welcome Dave! Have you considered the PBC ? I love mine and highly recommend taking a look at it.

Comment

Welcome and thanks for the support Dave.

Like Ricky said, my PBC gets lit up almost every weekend. Many, many briskets......

Comment

Hey Dave, Welcome!! PBC >>>>>

Comment

Welcome Dave - I've been to Boerne, my former boss lives out that way. We ate at a nice place "downtown" one night that had awesome prime rib. Unfortunately I can't recall the name of the place, it was a couple of years back. I remember it being in an area with a lot of antique shops.

Jim

Comment

Welcome Dave, thanks for the support. We look forward to helping any way we can with advice if requested on your next smoker setup. If you're considering a ceramic, may I suggest looking into the Primo line vs the Big Green Egg, the Primo's oval shape allows much better indirect cooking/smoking.

When you get a minute, head over to Pit Boss' Welcome & Announcements channel, and check out the tips posts in that channel. These will help you set up your signature as well as learn the best way to post some nice big bragging pictures for all of us to enjoy. Have fun!

Comment

Originally posted by dsohmer View Post
              Hi All, from Dave in Boerne (pronounced Bernie) TX which is just north of San Antonio. Mailing address is Boerne but I'm actually closer to Leon Springs which is the home of the original Rudy's BBQ and the original Romano's Macaroni Grill.

Started cooking in the early 80's working in restaurants while I was in high school. I haven'y gotten paid to cook since but I've always had a grill and/or a smoker. Over the last 25 years we've lived in places where knowing how to BBQ was a necessity: Kingsland, GA (just above Jax, FL), Memphis, Charlotte and now Texas, so I've gotten exposed to a lot of different styles, techniques, sauces, etc. Texas is about brisket whereas everywhere else I've lived it's about the butt. I'm good with all of it.

I don't currently have a smoker, I'm trying to make do with a 42" DCS NG grill and pellet tubes and baskets. My next smoker will be a ceramic egg of some sort.

This is a great site. I really appreciate all the work that goes into it.

Dave

Wow coincidentally I've lived in San Antonio and currently live in Charlotte. We were only a few minutes away from the Leon Springs Rudy's and went there quite often. All our out of town guests were treated there. What profession has you moving so much?

Oh, and welcome to The Pit!

Comment

Originally posted by Pit Boss View Post

Wow coincidentally I've lived in San Antonio and currently live in Charlotte. We were only a few minutes away from the Leon Springs Rudy's and went there quite often. All our out of town guests were treated there. What profession has you moving so much?

Oh, and welcome to The Pit!

Thanks. We lived in Huntersville near Hopewell High School.

I was in the service when we were living in GA and Memphis. Moved to Charlotte when I got out (to take a job with a defense contractor. Moved to SA about eighteen months ago to work for a really big oil refiner. I do IT Security for a living

Comment

Originally posted by dsohmer View Post

Thanks. We lived in Huntersville near Hopewell High School.

I was in the service when we were living in GA and Memphis. Moved to Charlotte when I got out (to take a job with a defense contractor. Moved to SA about eighteen months ago to work for a really big oil refiner. I do IT Security for a living
                  I was USAF myself, and now in IT. It's getting weird. Don't tell me you flew C-130s.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here