Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jumping into the Pit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jumping into the Pit

Hello everyone in the Pit! I have been grilling for at least 30 years, and have been a loyal Weber fan the entire time (easy to do since Weber's Headquarters is in my home town of Palatine, IL). After receiving my late Father-in-law's Brinkmann 17 years ago, I became immediately hooked on smoking meat. From there my obsession continues to grow and becoming a KCBS CBJ has only further fed the flames.

Now that I have joined you all here in the Pit, I begin to wonder what took me so long. Please forgive me for my tardiness. ​I look forward to learning so much more about the science of cooking and taking my skills to the next level.

Welcome to The Pit BigTree! Nice to have you here. Your tardiness is forgiven Thanks for your support.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

BigTree - welcome to The Pit and welcome to The Obsession!

Comment

Welcome to grilling fun in the Pit!

Comment

Welcome BigTree

Comment

Welcome to the Pit. I also wonder why it took me so long to get signed up. I had been using Meathead's tips and tricks and learning the science of it all for years before signing up.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit BigTree ... What a nice introduction of yourself.👍

We look forward to your years of experience and what you can contribute to the Pit.
              Last edited by Breadhead; June 7, 2016, 12:27 AM.

Comment

Welcome BigTree. See you around The Pit!

Comment

@Big Tree, Welcome to The Pit! You are Now Enrolled in the BBQ Univ.! Attendance is Mandatory! Another Weber Kettle User X 2 Here! Take a good look at the S 'n S by Adrenaline BBQ .Com, and on the AR Weber Kettle Accessories List in for Equip. Reviews! Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan
                  Last edited by Danjohnston949; June 7, 2016, 06:54 AM.

Comment

• BigTree
                    BigTree commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thank you. I will take a peek. Nice pics!

Welcome aboard!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit BigTree .

Comment

Welcome to the pit, enjoy the Wikipedia of BBQ!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit BigTree ! Happy to have you aboard. You have certainly come to the right place for information, tips, etc. These guys know their stuff!

Comment

Welcome! Big Tree is an interesting name. Care to enlighten us?

Comment

I can. It is a nickname I picked up when I was younger and played volleyball. While only 5'8" I had great vertical leap. Like playing against a big tree. I embraced the compliment.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here