Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings from up north (Alain Tremblay)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings from up north (Alain Tremblay)

I've been meaning to support the site for a while, so here it is! I'm from Quebec City, Canada where we like grilling and BBQ even more since the season is so short (although we do grill in the winter, it is a pain in the butt).

I discovered "low-n-slow" BBQ during my many travels to the state, Being a scientist (chemist), the "cooking wisdoms" people repeat but are counter intuitive for a scientist always bothered me. Meathead and his team approach cooking with the only real method that works: test your hypothesis, measure and get the truth!

Thanks for the site, keep up the good work and bon apétit!

Alain Tremblay

Greetings Alain! Thank you for the support. We are all fans of science, as you mention testing and repeating and measuring is the only real way to do it. You just can't make a bad meal when you do things properly, especially BBQ where bad or at the very least less productive information is so widespread!

When you get a minute, head over to Pit Boss' Welcome & Announcements channel, and check it out as well as the tips posts in that channel. These will help you set up your signature as well as learn the best way to post some nice big bragging pictures for all of us to enjoy. Looking forward to hearing more from you!

Comment

Great to have you Al, and thanks for the support?

You speak Quebecois? I only remember the cuss words and a few other nouns, with respect to Cajun french.

Comment

Good morning AT, Welcome!

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome! Of course I can speak (and write) Québécois! We do have a relatively high tolerance to profanity and swearing (we're soft rebels at heart)...

Anyway, doing a whole brisket next week and I'll try it with Meathead's recipe for the first time and I'll try to take pictures for you guys. I'm serving this to our now-obligatory office fall BBQ (I did it once and now they won't let me stop).

Comment

Cool.......keep us posted. My dad speaks french.

Comment

Welcome mon ami !

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here