Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbie(ish)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie(ish)

I'm a veteran BBQer, Smoker, Griller, Pit builder, sausage maker, and whenever I need advise I turn to Meathead. I cook for anywhere from 4 to 300+ and this site has never let me down! Keep it up!

Then welcome to the Pit!

Comment

By "veteran" I mean "old fart"

Comment

My current cooking rigs..... 5x3' Argentine Grill and 6'x24" offset smoker.
        ​

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

It all started innocently cooking on dutch ovens while canoe camping, then dutch oven competitions at county fairs. Not sure when the BBQ bug hit me but when it did it was big time!

Comment

Cooking two 150 pigs next weekend for a non profit equine therapy horse ranch in Larkspur CO. Start at 3:00 AM Sat and serve at 6:0 PM. Thank goodness for Bloody Marys and Coffee!

Comment

• MBMorgan
                MBMorgan commented
                Editing a comment
                Larkspur, huh? That's pretty close to home (Parker).

• jdmrivera
                jdmrivera commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah - checkout "Horseback Miracles". We'll be cooking dinner Friday night for the pig crew and starting pigs at 3 AM Sat (11 June) if you are in the area!

Welcome jdmrivera

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit jdmrivera ! Happy to have you aboard. I tell my young workers that I myself suffer from OCD (Old Coots Disease)!....

Comment

Welcome aboard jdmrivera. Nice rigs you've got!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit jdmrivera! It's great to have a talented veteran like yourself here. Thanks for your support. I agree that's a nice setup of rigs you've got.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Good the hear horses have someone to talk to! Thank you for helping them.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here