Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from across the pond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from across the pond

Well after being sent a youtube advert by the "soon to be wife" to cook some pulled pork on the BBQ I got thinking good idea. Did some research came across Meathead's book, bought and read it cover to cover on Wednesday, did my first slow cook ribs yesterday - WOW WOW thanks Meathead - immense.

Such a success that the 'wife to be' has demanded we try pulled pork today, so we're currently 3.5 hours in, have the garden has been dug and sorted....just awaiting the stall at some point in the not so distant future.

Struggling to get 225, partly as I've no bottom vent turner on the Weber as it has rusted away, so I'm experimenting with blocking/ un-blocking the vents with scrunched up tin foil (new vent thing on order) - seems to have stabalised at 249 so not tooo far over.

All the best!

Mr.P

Welcome aboard the good ship BBQ!
    I think you will find that if you are between 200-250 when shooting for 225 you will be all right. Trust that thermometer!

Comment

• Del
      Del commented
      Editing a comment
      I keep my indicator between 240 - 260, with consistently awesome results.

Welcome to The Pit. Making it happen even with a vent issue. Success will be tasty!

Comment

Welcome Mr.P

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Mr.P! Nice to have you here, we're glad your wife-to-be led you to us! Thanks for your support. You could try a magnet to cover your vent holes, especially if you have a thin flat magnet on your fridge.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit and welcome to The Obsession!

Comment

Mr.P, Welcome to The Pit! You are Now Enrolled in The BBQ Univ! Attendance is Mandatory! BTW, Which Pond?
            Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Originally posted by Danjohnston949 View Post
              Guest, Welcome to The Pit! You are Now Enrolled in The BBQ Univ! Attendance is Mandatory! BTW, Which Pond?
              Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan
              I think some call it the Atlantic Ocean!

Comment

• Danjohnston949
                Danjohnston949 commented
                Editing a comment
                I've Been over it Once or Twice! It's A Big Swimming Hole! Thanks, From Fargo ND, Dan

8 hours later.....bit of a mid cook epic...everything got too hot, singed me gloves.....but back on track!

Half the garden dug and skipped and a tonne of stone layed now feet up and beer time.

Not sure if you can get Cumberland beer by Jennings Stateside...but do try it if you see it, a top top beer!

Comment

• Breadhead
                Breadhead commented
                Editing a comment
                Welcome to the Pit Guest ...

Sounds like all's going well. Beer:30 is always a good time of day or night.😎

How much do you pay for pork butts on that side of the pond?

Welcome aboard! We are glad you're here!

Comment

Welcome. That first pic looks great.
                ​Not that it matters but I've spent a fair bit of time in the Lake District & a bit further south in the Yorkshire Dales what with family there and all. Beautiful place to be. And some fine proper beers as well. ;-)

Comment

Greetings and welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome to the pit Mr.P ! Tons of great info. here for us newbies...)

Comment

Welcome! 250 is fine, don't worry about that. 300 is cause for concern.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! The pork shoulder is the most forgiving no peice of meet for smoking, so you should be fine. Just get the internal temp up to 200-205F and you should have success.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here