Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from the piney woods of SE Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from the piney woods of SE Texas

Been following amazing ribs for a few years now. Decided to treat myself and check out the goodies here in the Pitmaster Club.

Hey there gshayd! Welcome!

Comment

Hey G, I'm in the Piney Woods also. Center.....welcome and thanks for the support!!

Comment

Welcome aboard gshayd! Thanks for the support.

When you get a minute, head over to Pit Boss' Welcome & Announcements channel, and check out the tips posts in that channel. These will help you set up your signature as well as learn the best way to post some nice big bragging pictures for all of us to enjoy.

Comment

Welcome, I hope you find plenty of good stuff.
          I had to look that up, most of my experience is south and west Texas, didn't know you had enough trees to call anything Piney Woods. I think mesquite bushes were about the tallest things I saw.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
            Jerod Broussard commented
            Editing a comment
            CHOKED up with pine trees,

SE Texas is plumb full of piney woods

Comment

I fell in love with the hill country when I lived in Austin, and then the Red River Valley when I lived in Denison. Give me hard woods for BBQ.

Welcome!

Comment

Originally posted by gshayd View Post
              SE Texas is plumb full of piney woods

A friend of a friend got a call to go to an Oilers training camp, tells you how long ago that was, so my friend and I piled into a mazda RX-7 with a 350 pound tackle and drove him to his house in Houston from northwest Arkansas. We got there late, but I don't remember seeing any trees, just overpasses and buildings.
              We did harass him about his size a bit, which probably led to this next part. He decided to repay us by taking us to a restaurant to try chicken and waffles which neither of us had heard of (this was probably 5AM). There were quite a few people there, many about to go to an early shift at work, some still out from the night before, and most of them recognized him, asked about us and laughed. We ordered and went to pay and they said its on the house, it seems we were the only white people anyone could recall coming in there.
              Long story short we got out of town before it was too bright and I never remember seeing a tree.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here