Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from North Tonawanda, NY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from North Tonawanda, NY

I have been to this site numerous time but have just today joined the Pitmaster Club.

Like most, I have been grilling for many years but have never been particularly good at it. About 8 years ago I was tired of replacing grill grates and burners and decided it was time for a grill that would last so I purchased the Weber Sumit S-450. A very expensive grill to be sure but I still love it like the day I got it and have never had to replace anything.

I first got into rotisserie cooking and can tell you that neither my wife or I has cooked a turkey in the house since I purchased this awesome grill. The turkeys cook much faster, are juicier, and you can use your oven for other things on Thanksgiving. And contrary to what other might tell you, yes, you can, and I always do, stuff them. I also, use a foil pan to collect all the juices and my wife makes the tastiest gravy.

Anyone from this area or north of the border will be very familiar with the Swiss Chalet. A rotisserie chicken joint. I've mastered their chicken and finally, even their fries.

Oh, and it does make great steaks and chops as well!

In the spring of 2011, after a trip to Mississippi and a visit to a BBQ joint called The Shed, I purchased a Weber Smokey Mountain and the book Peace, Love, & Barbecue. Since then I've been all in. After some pushing by some friends I entered my ribs into a local competition and took home 2nd place out of 22 teams. Since then I've been trying to master all the other smoked meats like beef ribs (very hard to get meaty ones around here), short ribs, brisket, sausages, and of course pulled pork. Mine is good, but still has room for improvement. I believe getting quality meat here is also a problem.

Most recently I purchased a Weber Kettle grill. I love BBQ chicken but don't really like it smoked and nothing does it better than a good old kettle grill and some lump charcoal. I get a meat rub from a place in Indiana that is stupid good.

While I'm no Meathead I'm getting a little better every year and with summer in full swing now the next few months will be another opportunity to eat more great grilled and smoked foods!!!

Welcome aboard!

Comment

Welcome to the fun in the Pit! I have been to the Shed a number of times. They have good Q, but they are not in a league of their own.

Comment

Welcome aboard twestfall. I really enjoyed your intro. If you would like to post any photos of your cooks, we would love to see them.

Comment

Welcome to BBQ University! We're glad you're here!

Comment

Welcome twestfall

Comment

twestfall, Welcome to The Pit! You and I have close to the same choice in Weapons! I don't have a Gas Grill or a Rotisserie, but I do have two Weber Kettles one is, a Weber Performer Deluxe w/ Propane Ign and at Table/Cart and a Vortex Accesory, the other an older Weber Performer with a S 'n S Accessory w/20 Ga SS Baffle, and a BBQGURU DigiQ-2 Temp Cont! I do nearly all my Low and Slow Smoking on this Weber! My only complaint would be there are Days I wished it Were Larger? Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!! We are happy to have you.

Comment

twestfall - Welcome to The Pit and welcome to The Obsession!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit twestfall! Thanks for joining up with us, nice to have you here. You sound like you have a great food-filled summer in store...me too!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

I think I might know you...

Comment

• twestfall
                        twestfall commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I definitely know you!

Here's one of my turkeys. Click image for larger version

Name:	237.JPG
Views:	103
Size:	236.9 KB
ID:	175305

Comment

The team!
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	020.JPG
Views:	99
Size:	249.3 KB
ID:	175312

Comment

Go Bills! You should bring some of your BBQ over to Pinto Ron

Comment

Welcome to the Pit twestfall ! Happy to have you aboard.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here