Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Auckland, New Zealand!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Auckland, New Zealand!!

Hi there,

I started cooking your American style of BBQ 12 months ago, I've had my eye on a home build for some time as we don't have the great range in NZ that you have in the USA. But my brother in law was bringing in a container with two muscle cars, so I moved quickly and was very pleased with the help from Backwoods with the purchase of my Fatboy. It turned out that the Fatboy was the best thing in the shipping container as the cars turned out to be junk.

I'm super happy with my Fatboy and have also bought a Weber kettle (that I also love) for hot cooks and easy small cooks. I've cooked Pork shoulder (pulled), Pork ribs, Briskets, Head of Beef, Beef short ribs, Chickens, Smoked Fish & Tuna, Pit beans and made sauces. All with the guidance of this great website, I have been so impressed, that I had to join from the other side of the world. Thank you AmazingRibs!

Cheers Silas

Welcome to The Pit (Silas). The Copper 22" Kettle you have is my favorite color and I have one. Cooks some great food. Do you have a Slow 'N Sear for yours?

Comment

• (Silas)
      (Silas) commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks fuzzydaddy, yes I really like the colour and the job it does with cooks. I don't have a slow and sear, I use two baking tins as water pans. I do have my eye on one, but they don't ship to NZ so I'll either have to come over or gets friend to pick one up when they are over there. Cheers

Welcome to fun in the Pit!

Comment

Welcome (Silas)

Comment

(Silas), Welcome to The Pit, You have just enrolled in the BBQ Univ! Attendance is Mandatory! I was just corresponding with your Cousin in Christ's Church jamiemarshallnz also a member of the Pit Club! I told him our Son had just left NZ after being there a month or two! He was mostly in the Rural North Palmerston Area! Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan
        Last edited by Danjohnston949; May 29, 2016, 10:33 AM.

Comment

• (Silas)
          (Silas) commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Dan, I'm so happy to be a member of the pit! I hope your son had a great time in NZ. I hope the same for you. Cheers

(Silas) - welcome to The Pit and welcome to The Obsession!

You're the second Kiwi that's joined today! Is there a special promotion for Kiwis this weekend?

Comment

• (Silas)
          (Silas) commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Ceramicchef, I'm very obsessed and love it! I too am surprised to see another Kiwi join, that's great.

Greetings (or should I say kiaora?), Silas ... welcome to the Pit!

Comment

• (Silas)
          (Silas) commented
          Editing a comment
          Kiaora bro, thanks Mbmorgan. I feel very welcome.

Welcome aboard! We're glad you're here.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit (Silas) ! I have an uncle who lives in Christchurch. Would love to visit there someday...

Comment

• (Silas)
            (Silas) commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks Storlok, we have a great country here. Yes, as you have an uncle you must visit one day. I would love to spend sometime visiting the states too.

Welcome to The Pit (Silas)! We're very happy to have you here all the way from NZ! Thanks for you support.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

• (Silas)
            (Silas) commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks Huskee, I had to join as everything I have done from amazing ribs.com, recipes, recommendations have all worked out grand.

Yes I have been over the homework, what a great idea!

Fingers crossed for the Gold medal giveaway, I'm more than happy to arrange freight to NZ if need be.

Cheers

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here