Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking to learn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking to learn

After my last grill stopped working a week or so ago, I thought it was time to step up my game, get out of my comfort area and learn! I went out and made 3 main purchases:

1. A Weber S-330 NG Grill - I know, gas, but with 2 young kids nothing beats the convenience of wanting to fire it up during the week! Plus.....
    2. A Weber Charcoal Kettle Grill, after the constant prodding of a friend of mine to move to the Charcoal side.
    3. Meathead's book and joining the Pitmaster Club.

I have grilled casually on gas for years, but have never dabbled with Charcoal. I am very excited to learn all about it and try to perfect the craft through practice, practice, practice. oh and reading. I feel that I have made the right decision! Looking forward to exploring the vast amount of content on the site.

Welcome to the Pit. We are glad to have you here. Get an SNS for the kettle and you will be golden. RunSMK

Comment

Welcome aboard!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit RunSMK .

Comment

Welcome RunSMK

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! With your purchases you are off to a good start. If you don't have a thermometer you will need a instant read and something to keep in the meat for your low and slow cooking.

Comment

• RunSMK
              RunSMK commented
              Editing a comment
              Thank you for that advice. I already have a thermapen, but don't have anything for low and slow, I will need to do some research. Looks like the site has me covered on research!

Welcome aboard RunSMK!

Comment

RunSMK, Welcome to The Pit! You have enrolled in the BBQ Univ! Spinaker is absolutely Right You Need a S 'n S for Your Weber! Good Choice On the Thermapen, now you Need a Maverick 732 - 733 Dual Probe Leave in Digital Thermometer to keep track of Food Temps and Pit Temps! The Mavericks to monitor your Grill from inside the house! Oh Buy The Way this is one of those hobbies where it seem like somebody else Hand is Always in Your Pocket Book! Eat well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan
              Last edited by Danjohnston949; May 24, 2016, 12:54 PM.

Comment

RunSMK - welcome to The Pit and welcome to The Obsession!

Comment

Welcome to a community where we are all brought together by our journey and passion for improving our skills, helping others, and turning out amazing food for our friends, families, and loved ones.

Comment

Welcome Aboard! You will learn here. I have and still am! I'm really a novice / newb compared to the greats here! This site has changed my cooking game. I've cooked a gasser ( Weber, OC ) for years, and still do; however, Charcoal is King for low 'n slow!

-- Ed

Comment

Welcome to the pit RunSMK ! You have certainly come to the right place to learn the smoking, BBQ game. Got my first smoker this past Christmas and learning a LOT here.

Comment

It will never stop. Can't stop. Won't stop. Welcome to the boards, good luck with the new stuff.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit RunSMK! We're glad you've joined up with us, thanks for the support. You are well rounded for cooking with that nice gasser and the charcoal kettle. There's some great advice above in the Slow 'N Sear suggestion as well as the Maverick ET-732. Be sure to ask any questions you might have, we're all here to help if you need it.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here