Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Northeast Oklahoma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Northeast Oklahoma

For as long as I can remember I always wanted to be a smoker.

I was born and raised in San Diego and I can remember always craving BBQ. My parents didn't know what BBQ was and tried their best to make it by slathering roasted cuts of pork with a sweet and smoky sauce. I grilled frequently, but it wasn't until I went to a BBQ competition in Salt Lake City that I knew what BBQ was. I almost quit school and joined a cooking team right then, but my wife didn't think that was a good idea. So the next day I went and got a New Braunfels El Dorado and started smoking meats. That was 15 years ago and I still use that smoker (I donated it to my father in law).

I have a Tiernan 4-34 Son of a Brisket, Weber Kettle, Oklahoma Joes offset smoker and a Turbo gas grill. I will be picking up my new reverse flow vertical smoker with temp controller in a few weeks. I am also about finished building a caja china style whole hog roaster. With four kids I don't get to smoke as often as I'd like.

I have been following amazingribs.com for years and am really excited to be a member of the Pitmaster Club. I am an engineer and enjoy the scientific approach to BBQ that is presented here.

Welcome brijenn98! We're glad to have you here, sounds like you love BBQ as much as anyone here. Good thing you didn't quit school, how would afford your hobby? Lol.

Great job on your signature too by the way!

When you get a minute, check out Pit Boss' Welcome & Announcements channel, if you haven't already, but also check out the tips posts in that channel. These will help you navigate around and also learn the best way to post some nice big pictures here of your arsenal of equipment, your thermometer(s), and your cooks. Enjoy!

Comment

HELLO! Welcome.

Comment

ahhh another native Californian and from always sunny San Diego, welcome from the sunny San Joquin valley

Comment

What part of Oklahoma do you live? I worked in Tulsa for a couple years and owned a house in Coweta.

Comment

• brijenn98
            brijenn98 commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm between Collinsville and Claremore.

Welcome brijenn. You are absolutely correct. You are going to like it here. I look forward to your posts and pics. You have a great arsenal for smoking and Q

Comment

Welcome, I am just over the line in AR, gonna have to swing by and check out that whole hog roaster My kids love helping me smoke, but there are 2, I imagine 4 is like having 9!

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome.

Comment

Welcome Brijenn! More pics!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here