Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Fredericksburg, VA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Fredericksburg, VA

Just joined the Pitmasters Club, but I've been a follower of Meathead and amazingribs.com for years. I've currently got a Weber Genesis Silver gas grill and a couple of years ago was looking for tips on using it to smoke ribs. Stumbled onto amazingribs.com and haven't left since. Meathead's smoker setup for gas grills was brilliant - just a few inexpensive disposable aluminum pans, some water, some chips, and a remote probe thermometer to monitor grill temperature, and I was good to go. Mixed up some of Meathead's Memphis Dust and smoked five racks of St. Louis cut ribs that first time. I knew I had a winner when one of our guests, who is not a rib fan (and in fact doesn't eat much meat) polished off six ribs. The new salt-free Memphis Dust recipe is still great, especially if you dry brine the racks first.

I frequent local barbeque joints whenever I can, and here in Virginia that mostly means, Famous Dave's, Smokey Bones, Extra Billy's, and a Texas-based newcomer, Dickey's. I still think my Last Meal ribs beat them all!!

Starting to research a dedicated smoker for my birthday coming up in November. Who knows, maybe I'll win one in the Pitmaster Gold Medal giveaway.

Glad to be a part of the Pitmaster crew.

PaulC

Welcome PaulC! Glad to have you here and we all appreciate the support. I honestly don't mind Smokey Bones, we have one in MI, but production barbecue will never EVER trump homemade that's for sure.

When you get a minute, check out Pit Boss' Welcome & Announcements channel, as well as the tips posts in that channel. These will help you to fill out your signature, as well as learn the best way to post some nice big pictures here of your soon-to-be-expanding equipment and your cooks. Enjoy!

Comment

Welcome and thanks for the support Paul!!

There are many around here who have kinda just stuck (pointing to self). Tis a great place to stick.

Comment

Hi Paul, WELCOME. You have me thinking I need to throw a rack on the gasser this weekend just for fun. Thanks for the inspiration.

Hope you do win the BIG award!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here