Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New guy.....with Internet!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New guy.....with Internet!

I've been around the site while at work for some time but I have now been graced with Internet access at my house! I will almost never post but figured this was a great way to test this home internet thing. I'm a lifetime bachelor and all my meat comes from what I raise or hunt. I'm not totally off grid, but I could be. My cooking skills are limited, but I am learning. Thanks!

Welcome to The Pit wrb752. We're glad you're here!

Comment

Welcome to the grid ... and the Pit!

Comment

Originally posted by wrb752 View Post
        ... I'm not totally off grid, but I could be. ...
        Welcome! As for your statement, just wait til you get a WiFi connected thermometer or pit controller.

Comment

• JimmieOhio
          JimmieOhio commented
          Editing a comment
          He said "internet", not necessarily "WiFi". This may be one of AOL's 2.2 million dial-up customers. They actually still make about $500 million a year off those people.

Welcome!!

What all you hunt? I'm pretty much deer and the occasional wild hog. Course the deer are occasional too, hogs are year round so they fall under "more occasional."

Comment

• Danjohnston949
          Danjohnston949 commented
          Editing a comment
          Jerod Broussard, Just Draw a Fine Bead! Take a Deep Breath and Slowly Squeeze, Don't Jerk the Trigger! Young Feller I have been told your Bagged Game will increase Dramatically! 😉😎😇😎😉. From Fargo ND, Dan

• Jerod Broussard
          Jerod Broussard commented
          Editing a comment
          Got to see 'em before you can squeeze 'em.

Welcome wrb752

Comment

Originally posted by Jerod Broussard View Post
          Welcome!!

What all you hunt? I'm pretty much deer and the occasional wild hog. Course the deer are occasional too, hogs are year round so they fall under "more occasional."
          Well I hunt deer and turkey. I have chickens, ducks, and usually one or two calf per year that I raise for food. I trap rabbit and squirrel. I had an elk tag a couple years back but unfortunately didn't fill it. I have hunted hog, but I didn't care for it.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
            Jerod Broussard commented
            Editing a comment
            Neat. I grew up hunting ducks and geese, have not done any of that since '96. We have some turkeys out here but I think it is about 1 turkey per 10,000 acres if you lucky. My dad and uncle just had two calves slaughtered. Home grown meat coming soon!!

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome to the pit, enjoy the Wikipedia of BBQ.

Comment

Welcome sir. I am only a day or two in front of you. Great folk here.

Comment

wrb752, Welcome to The Pit! You have Enrolled in the BBQ Univ! It Sounds like Me You are 100% Vegetarian, you feed the Lettuce to the Rabbit, then Eat the Rabbit! Ergo a Vegetarian!
                Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

A belated welcome to The Pit wrb752! Thanks for popping in to say hello, and for joining up with us. We hope you find time to post more (now that you have Internet @ home )

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here