Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Love the site, new to the club.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love the site, new to the club.

Hello all. TGIF. I'm new to the club. I'm doing it all over again in my 40's. Back in school, culinary school after a professional career. Two foster kids as well. My wife just had back surgery on Tuesday. Love me some BBQ, Meathead and the whole darn Amazing Ribs site!! My BBQ game was seriously upped a few years back. That was/is a major help in cooking school too. Love the science. I have a pastrami in the fridge now, tic Toc. I can't wait to spend some more time here. Thinking of ribs this Saturday and pub burgers on Sunday. Monday is pizza for the kids as I have a final. It's looking like Rubens on Tuesday.

I did read the intro material and letter. I tried several times to create signature but failed with a message that read something like "blank argument signature" or the like. I will have to search that one I only have an IPad.

Just practicing. 22" and 26" Weber Kettle. Thermapen, Maverick, lots of kingsford and patience.

That's all for now.
    Happy to be here.

Welcome to the Pit! Here's some detailed info on the signature: https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...pdated-2-10-15

Comment

Welcome HouseHomey

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! With your equipment you are good to go.

Comment

• HouseHomey
          HouseHomey commented
          Editing a comment
          The first things I learned from Amazing ribs a while back has been the most valuable. Equipment matters less then Accurate temps and managing the heat. I had a COS (Brinkman) and learned to put out some tasty stuff. Now I have just the Kettles.

• LA Pork Butt
          LA Pork Butt commented
          Editing a comment
          You can produce good stuff without it, but a SlowNSear would be a handy addition.

Welcome to the pit!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit HouseHomey! Great to have you here. Cooking school eh? How cool is that. I often wonder where I'd be now if I had done that. I thought about chef training once, that or luthier school (making guitars). Went into something else entirely but they pay me so I keep showing up....

I can help you with your signature. iPads and vBulletin (the forum software here) don't get along.

I know you said you read though the welcome stuff, but I'll still give you our homework assignment post for new members just in case, since it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum in case there's anything you've missed.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

• HouseHomey
            HouseHomey commented
            Editing a comment
            It figures. I followed the directions and still get the error message. I'm sure others figured it out. I'll check the topics. School is pretty cool, most people are young and a bit more spry then I. No one had anything better then errr...ehh....emm my "Memphis Dust" yet.

Thank you for the help.

HouseHomey - welcome to The Pit and welcome The Onsession!

All the best to your wife for a speedy recovery. Thanks to you and your Bride for your taking in two foster kids! Kudos to you both.

Comment

• HouseHomey
            HouseHomey commented
            Editing a comment
            I appreciate the well wishes. Thank you.

^+1, my wife and I looked into foster care at one point. It is a lot of work, requires a special kind of person with lots of love and patience, and seems like one of the most important things one can do with their life. When you are in the thick of it I know it may not seem like it is a big thing, but I have a tremendous amount of respect for anyone that offers their home to kids.

Comment

• HouseHomey
            HouseHomey commented
            Editing a comment
            Thank you for the kind words.

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome to the pit, sounds like you are a great Dad, Husband and cook. Enjoy the Wikipedia of BBQ!

Comment

HouseHomey, Welcome to The Pit! You are Now Enrolled in the BBQ Univ! Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

• HouseHomey
                HouseHomey commented
                Editing a comment
                Gracias from Huntington Beach, Ca. Southern Cal and not L.A.

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here