Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbie here from St. Louis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie here from St. Louis

Have been lurking around this site for awhile now and decided to join finally. I do a lot of grilling. As a matter of fact, I grill in all weather conditions. My wife and some of my neighbors think it is peculiar grilling in subfreezing weather but I asked several neighbors (Would you rather BBQ in a blizzard or sit inside with the in laws?) You would be surprised how grilling has increased in my neighborhood.

I will have more questions than comments but I know I can learn a lot here and am looking forward to it.

Please don't tell "She Who Must Be Obeyed" about the in laws.

Welcome jmf_stl

Comment

Welcome to the Pit. Glad you're here!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! What do you cook on and what do you like to cook?

Comment

Well you've certainly found the best way to avoid in-laws. My mother-in-law et al. are cool. Can't complain.

Welcome!!!!

Comment

Welcome aboard!

Comment

jmf_stl - welcome to The Pit and welcome to The Obsession!

I'm with you! I'm standing in a blizzard grill rather than sitting with the in-laws!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit, jmf_stl!

Comment

Welcome to the pit, Enjoy the Wikipedia of BBQ.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit jmf_stl! Nice to have you here, thanks for joining. Your post cracked me up. Like Jerod, my MIL is a sweetie pie, and my wife gets along great with my parents, we're all friends, so can't complain there. I've watched every episode of Everybody Loves Raymond though, so I can sympathize with those who don't get along so well with the in-laws....
                    I too grill/smoke in all seasons/weather conditions. It's good for ya.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

jmf_stl. Welcome to The Pit! BTW, What the H--L are You Southerner's Call a Blizzard? I think you should call on our Freinds from Saskatchewan Ca or Alberta Ca for the Proper Definition! No use talking to Anyone from MN or WI they Exaggerate! No it's probably Best you just PM. Me! 😙🤔😇🤔😙
                      Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Originally posted by LA Pork Butt View Post
                      Welcome to the Pit! What do you cook on and what do you like to cook?
                      Thanks for all the welcomes and I look forward to the information I can garner here. As far as my grilling equipment I use a pit I made some time ago and a Weber Smokey Mountain smoker. At present I am looking into getting a larger smoker and have been shopping around. So far I am considering a Backwoods G2 Chubby or Party model but I am also interested in the Humphries Battle Box. These are both in the price range I am considering. Any input from this site would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

jmf_stl The Chubby looks like a great cooker to cook ribs for a crowd.

Comment

Thanks I thought the Chubby was pretty nice as well. I am leaving for a fishing trip tomorrow so I won't be checking any messages till Thursday.

See you then.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit jmf_stl !

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here