Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New guy from PA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New guy from PA

Howdy,
    My name is Tim, I'm a suburban bbq enthusiast from the Philly burbs. I've learned a lot from this site over the past year or so and hopefully I can contribute with any chunks of knowledge I may have. I love to BBQ and grill, and my neighbors hate me because I make a smokescreen out of our neighborhood, oh well.

Welcome! My neighbors know that if they smell smoke at 4AM they should probably come knockin' around 4PM.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Tim! When you have a chance take a few minutes to read my welcome letter as well as tips on how to use The Pit. They can be found in the Welcome and Announcements Channel. In particular, check out my tip #1 on signature creation and tip #4 on pic uploading. Tip #4 will help display your pics in a larger format that's viewable in the thread itself. As you can see we're a small but growing community. The more information and love you put in the more interest we'll get from fellow Pit members. Before you know it we'll have a BBQ wiki bounty of information for everyone to review, improve, share, and use. I look forward to your input!

I lived in Branchburg NJ, which is less than an hour away from Philly, for 5 years. Hopefully you're like me and barbecued all year long, rain or snow.

Comment

Will do. I'm a web dev by day so I'm pretty fluent with vBulletin, but I'll check out the recommendations for posting when I get a chance.

And YES, I'm often seen outside in February, snow and sleet pouring down at 9pm, trying to get down the steps to my precious BBQ.

Comment

Originally posted by Suburb-e-q View Post
          Will do. I'm a web dev by day so I'm pretty fluent with vBulletin, but I'll check out the recommendations for posting when I get a chance.

And YES, I'm often seen outside in February, snow and sleet pouring down at 9pm, trying to get down the steps to my precious BBQ.

If you have recommendations on ways to improve the site send me a PM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here