Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lawng time listener, first time Kawler.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lawng time listener, first time Kawler.

Hey kids! Been lurking for a couple years, off and on. Time to join. I am Dave and hale from the Seattle area. I work for a large company that manufactures very large things that fly. I have been grilling my whole adult life but still have to refer to notes. Since I am closer to 50 than 40 I find I am taking more and more notes. Now, where did I put those darn notes? I always look forward to Summer for serious grilling and riding my little scooter to find more Que. I am also a knife nerd with more money than sense and have a small collection of Japanese kitchen knives that I keep ridiculously sharp. I tend to use my Kettle with lump more than the other grills. Hopefully I got my avatar right and my signature in place. I have already learned plenty from the free version of the website but look forward to tapping into the collective knowledge of the community and to learning more and maybe impart some knowledge of my own. Love this website.

Welcome and neato on the job. While working in Lake Charles, LA there was a Northrup Grumman facility next to us that worked on BIG planes with a 2 mile long air strip. Lotta touch and goes.

Comment

• Lykwydsunshine
      Lykwydsunshine commented
      Editing a comment
      Sounds military. Very cool.

Welcome Lykwydsunshine

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Lykwydsunshine! We're glad you're here. Notso glad Huskee's here, but nothing we can do about that. lol

Comment

Hi Dave ... welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome aboard Lykwydsunshine! A few years ago I did the tour of a Boeing building which ended in the gift shop. I enjoyed the platform view of the floor.

Comment

• Lykwydsunshine
          Lykwydsunshine commented
          Editing a comment
          Shhh. Who said the overall gimme that it would be Boeing? Maybe Costco or Microsoft make large flying objects. Ever think of them? Lol. Thanks for the welcome. I assume the platform showed 777 on one side and 787 on the other. That is cool. Hope you were blown away. Lo.

Welcome to the Pit full of fun and learning!

Comment

Lykwydsunshine, Welcome to The Pit! Young Fella, You have just enrolled in the BBQ Univ!
          Eat Well and Prosper! From Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

• Lykwydsunshine
            Lykwydsunshine commented
            Editing a comment
            Danjohnston949. If your avatar photo is indicative of your status in life then I bow to you and anticipate sage Advise I may share with my grandchildren. Or you could be 22 with a photo from a parade in which case I would ask you what your handle is in boom beach and invite you to my task force. 😀

Welcome to The Pit and welcome to The Obsession!

Comment

Welcome to the pit, enjoy the Wikipedia of BBQ.

Comment

Hey Lykwydsunshine, I am also Dave from the Seattle area, and I was just at a factory today that manufactures very large things that fly! Welcome aboard, and I'll send you a PM with where I'm located, maybe we could have a little cookout with this nice weather we've been having lately!

Comment

• Lykwydsunshine
                Lykwydsunshine commented
                Editing a comment
                Sweet! To keep the ambiguity going I play at the twin aisle place. Look forward to the pm.

• PBCDad
                PBCDad commented
                Editing a comment
                That's where I was! You notice they put a bridge on the roof of a building at the north end there? That's my work. If anyone else is reading this, they may be very confused

Welcome to The Pit Lykwydsunshine! Nice to have you here. So...you make UFOs? That's really the only logical explanation I can think of at the moment. Ha ha, maybe Pit Boss was right after all.....

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list in case you are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

• Lykwydsunshine
                Lykwydsunshine commented
                Editing a comment
                Thank you Huskee. UFOs are on the horizon.
                Doin' the homework as we speak. Glad to be part of this. Even bought Meathead's new book today.

Welcome to The Pit Dave.

Comment

Thanks to all. Gonna have some fun up here in this pit.

Comment

So welcome to the pit and all but what can you tell us about Area 51? I know it's not in your neck of the woods but they too are supposed to have large things that fly.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here